Old 09-16-2020, 07:16 PM   #1

ann arbor , Michigan
storing my 2021 Basecamp X

Hello
I am new to RVing and have a 2021BasecampX. I live in Michigan and stay in Florida in late Fall through winter. I am in PalmHarbor/Clearwater area in winter and plan on using and outside storage facility. On rare occasion we get a few overnights of frost temps. If I just empty all water tanks and such am I OK or is there a way I can just use the Truma system with just the propane tanks as electricity won't be available. I do have the optional solar panels but I am so new to all of this. THANKS in advance
DoogieA2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:26 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
2020 23' Flying Cloud
Sebastian , Florida
In years past, I would say no worries. We seem to be experiencing weather extremes, even in Florida. Will you have time and access to respond to a forecast freeze?
It takes time for the heat to transfer from inside the trailer, and water must transfer a lot of heat before it freezes. I am not a fan of leaving systems running unattended.
We live due east of you and have never had even a close call. I would drain the lines and blow them out, and then enjoy my time in the Sunshine State.
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:49 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogieA2 View Post
Hello
I am new to RVing and have a 2021BasecampX. I live in Michigan and stay in Florida in late Fall through winter. I am in PalmHarbor/Clearwater area in winter and plan on using and outside storage facility. On rare occasion we get a few overnights of frost temps. If I just empty all water tanks and such am I OK or is there a way I can just use the Truma system with just the propane tanks as electricity won't be available. I do have the optional solar panels but I am so new to all of this. THANKS in advance
Take it with you to FLA.. there is some really good camping in FLA... you spent that much to let it sit for a season unused? naaaa.

Mine will be used year round, 4th season for winter skiing, plenty of RV parks open year round with full hookups just for this.

Don't leave it behind! Tow that thing all over FLA.
kgottleib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
Short overnight temperatures (<8 hours no less than 30) are fine. 8 hours down to 28 and you should drain and blow out the fresh water lines, water heater and pump and perhaps add a bit of antifreeze to the sewer P-Traps or add some heat to keep the inside above 35. Below 25? keep the inside at 40 or higher or properly winterize.
Old 10-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #5

ann arbor , Michigan
Will use all winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgottleib View Post
Take it with you to FLA.. there is some really good camping in FLA... you spent that much to let it sit for a season unused? naaaa.

Mine will be used year round, 4th season for winter skiing, plenty of RV parks open year round with full hookups just for this.

Don't leave it behind! Tow that thing all over FLA.
We will definitely use in FL all winter. Our subdivision association will not allow RVs parked at home hence the storage. Just got done an overnight stay at Mt Vernon KY KOA and then Sweetwater TN KOA, both wonderful places indeed. We would love to try several campgrounds in FL for our 1st time. Thanks for the tip!!😊
DoogieA2 is offline   Reply With Quote