Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2019, 03:37 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 Basecamp
San Diego , California
Storage Modification

In our basecamp, we like to have the two little shelves placed across the back (in front of the back door), and store our sleeping bags in large bags under the shelf. On our first multi-week trip, we often found when we arrived at camp that the sleeping bags, as well as stuff we put in the little hidey-hole to the left of the back door (as you look at the back from the inside) had slid out and part way to the front. I am thinking of making some modifications. First, a roughly 1 x 2 wood piece going the length of the opening to the hidey hole, probably screwed in from the inside, to hold in the stuff in the hidey hole. This should block sliding yet allow easy access. Second, some netting that goes from the front underside of the frontmost of the two shelves and down to near the floor, to hold in the sleeping bags. I'm thinking of holding this in place with "Command" hooks, so it can easily be unhooked when we get to camp. This will put a strain on the two shelves, so I think the third modification I need to add is something like ties to hold the shelves down so they don't slide forward. I haven't quite figured out the details yet.

Have any of you done modifications to keep stuff placed at the back from sliding forward? Or do you have any ideas how this might best be accomplished? Thanks in advance for your ideas!
seshields is offline   Reply With Quote