Old 03-15-2020, 06:07 PM   #1

2019 Basecamp
Killeen , Texas
Propane Flow

Hello. I recently purchased a 2019 Basecamp X. My wife and I took it out for the first time and now there is no propane flowing to any of the appliances (Truma, stove, or fridge). I’m getting a gas pressure regulator fault on the Truma. I have turned off the LPG bottles, unscrewed the auto regulator. Tried bleeding the lines. Nothing is working. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

SawcBasecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Check you have propane in the bottles. Remove the propane lines coming from the regulator to the trailer. Turn on the propane bottles slowly. If you have no propane coming out of the regulator you have a regulator proplem.

Old 03-16-2020, 06:22 AM   #3

2019 Basecamp
Killeen , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
Check you have propane in the bottles. Remove the propane lines coming from the regulator to the trailer. Turn on the propane bottles slowly. If you have no propane coming out of the regulator you have a regulator proplem.
Awesome! Thank you. I’ll try that today and let you all know.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:52 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Slidell , Louisiana
The regulator has a feature that prevents flow if the downstream line is leaking excessively. It sometimes trips. There are lots of threads about this. Sometimes they can be tricky to get the regulator to reset.

If the advice given does not work, sometimes it helps to shut the tanks and remove the tank connections and use a small rod to bleed off any remaining pressure. Then follow the advice given again.
Old 03-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #5
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
No...that will not determine 'flow'.
You may have a stuck OPD valve.
Turn the cylinder off.
Remove, turn it upside down, then roll it slowly on the ground, reinstall and try it.

"OPD Valve Design
OPD valve looking at connection
The design of the OPD valve is such that turning the cylinder service valve handwheel will not produce any effect if the cylinder is not hooked up to an appliance. In other words, a connection must be made between the appliance hose end and the cylinders service valve. The inside of the OPD valve is engineered to only allow propane in or out if the internal valve is actuated by being depressed. This OPD valve feature adds additional safety in case the handwheel is turned, opening the valve. For this reason, OPD equipped cylinders will not allow gas out of the cylinder when opened. The same is true for industrial forklift cylinders."

If that doesn't work you may have a regulator problem.

Good luck...👍

Bob
🇺🇸
Tahawus....🌥
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #6
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by SawcBasecamp View Post
Hello. I recently purchased a 2019 Basecamp X. My wife and I took it out for the first time and now there is no propane flowing to any of the appliances (Truma, stove, or fridge). I’m getting a gas pressure regulator fault on the Truma. I have turned off the LPG bottles, unscrewed the auto regulator. Tried bleeding the lines. Nothing is working. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!
Hi SawcBasecamp,*

We're sorry to learn about the issue you are having. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customersupport@airstream.com

Thank you.*
Old 03-17-2020, 11:29 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
No...that will not determine 'flow'.
🇺🇸
I was wondering if that might not be the case.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:58 PM   #8

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Sometimes the problem is the pigtail coming from the regulator to the tank. Had that problem. Tank was full, no gas coming from the tank. I replaced the pig tail (which I had just purchased new) with another and found that the gas started flowing again. Problem was a defective pigtail.

Jack
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #9

2019 Basecamp
Killeen , Texas
Update: I replaced both pigtails and regulator and I have great propane flow. The pigtails were brittle. I think someone used armor all on them before I got it. I’m convinced it was the regulator! Thank for everyone’s help!