Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Thumbs up Now THAT is what I call service!

I called the service department at Colonial yesterday afternoon about my leaking windows, sink trap and a few other things and spoke with Monica, the Warranty and Service Advisor. I explained the issues involved and she asked if I could bring it in next week. I told her about an upcoming business trip that would prevent that and asked if I could just drop it off today and pick it up when I get back, she was fine with that.

This morning, I dropped the trailer off (they have a REAL nice, brans spankin' new service facility), showed them where the trouble areas were, and went back to work - expecting to pick my rig up on the 26th when I get back from my gig in Orlando.

About 3 this afternoon, Monica called me to let me know that they were able to get to work on it today and it's done! Out-Friggin'-Standing! I'm going to go back at lunchtime tomorrow and reclaim my baby...

Kudos to Monica and the Colonial Airstream Service Department!

Oh yes... Almost forgot... She got me the door stays as a retro-fit (thanks Rhonda at Airstream!) so my doors don't bash the crap out of my tent anymore! Ahhhhh.... I'm in love!

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Wow!!

Now that is Class A service! I am truly stunned that they did it that fast.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1965 24' Tradewind
boi, one of the few in , Idaho
not bad if increadible *****
stars
zanad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:06 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Massachusetts
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfowler
I called the service department at Colonial yesterday afternoon about my leaking windows, sink trap and a few other things and spoke with Monica, the Warranty and Service Advisor.
Good news on the service at Colonial. Bad news to hear about bad quality coming out of the factory.

Attitude is the only difference between ordeal and adventure
yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic
Pecos , New Mexico
We bought a new 34' Classic from Colonial in January. We have had very few problems with the trailer, but the small things have been taken care of quickly and easliy by FedEx. Had a brake problem while on the road and was able to talk directly with the service manager to get it taken care of and get us down the road. Great folks to deal with!
Pecos Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Great to hear they have great service after the sale!

I know they post some great info on the forum and keep us all on top of new things out there in Airstreamland.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Colonial is a very customer oriented dealer and I am deeply appreciative of their website. It's where I go when I want the latest AS pictures.

On a sidenote, I've taken my AS to my local dealer for service twice. I received similar service from them, but only because I have a Hensley hitch. They are not set up to move the trailer around without hooking it up to a truck, so they always work on it first to get it off the lot! Another kudo for a Hensley hitch!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2008 Base Camp
Elizabethtown , Kentucky
We have a 2008 Basecamp, but just recently purchased the Kelty tent. Could I ask, what are the "door stays" of which you speak (that keep the doors from bashing the tent)? Thank you.
basecamper is offline   Reply With Quote