Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Tahoe Pines , California
Northern Cali couple looking for a Base Camp

Hi Airstream Forum members! We're new to the forum, but old hands at camping and road tripping. We would love to buy an Airstream Base Camp - we're endurance athletes and frequently camp before events, it will be great to get some good rest off the ground before a 50 mile race!

Appreciate any tips about where we could buy Base Camp. Thanks so much!

Sandy & Herbert
basecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #2

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
You might try here
http://www.PortlandAirstream.com/Inv...ail.asp?AP1026

It's still on their website and in the pictures it looks like they have two.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2007 Base Camp
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Hi, Sandy and Herbert,

I'm taking a deep breath here.

I bought my Basement to use in conjunction with my business. I've been telling myself I should sell my Basecamp because I don't use it enough. It's hard to justify keeping it, but I love it so much! It is #4 off the production line. It has about 10,000 miles from 3 major trips and a bunch of short trips. It still smells like new because I didn't cook inside even once! It has red interior, ramp, tent, hanging wardrobe, TV, and all the other electronic amenities. It has "state of the art" screens for the windows (I made them myself and they are superior to what I have seen) and more.

I'm not saying it is, and I'm not saying it isn't for sale. I'm conflicted, so if you are checking out the Portland BC but also want to know more about mine, let me know.

Betty
ABC004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
banjobill

2000 30' Limited
battle ground, , Washington
reno craigslist

there is one listed on Reno's (NV) craigslist; it also appears on the SF Bay Craigslist-well, I checked the map and tahoe pines and reno are part of the same metro area; so ya got one down the street!-go out and buy it!
wmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmarsha View Post
there is one listed on Reno's (NV) craigslist; it also appears on the SF Bay Craigslist-well, I checked the map and tahoe pines and reno are part of the same metro area; so ya got one down the street!-go out and buy it!

I was browsing the Reno Craigslist earlier this week and saw that advertised too. Here's the link

2007 Airstream Basecamp

Laura
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Every Where , USA
I might sell mine if anyone is interested.
it is a 07 Basecamp in perfect condition with all the accesories, and the 3000 lbs axle.
TGAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:46 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Georgetown , Texas
Here's One Posted on Air Classifieds Today

2007 Airstream Basecamp - Airstream Trailer Classifieds - Airstreams Trailers For Sale
Frank&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
we have CLASSIFIEDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by basecampers View Post
Appreciate any tips about where we could buy Base Camp. Thanks so much!

Sandy & Herbert
Howdy and to Airforums.com, Sandy and Herbert! I have always thought that the Basecamp was a very interesting vehicle and I wish you best of luck in finding the one that's for you!

May I suggest that you put up an ad in the "Wanted" section of our Classifieds?

You would be surprised at how much traffic we get there...

[Edit] Apparently I didn't look too closely: there are two already available for you!
Old 04-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
2007 Base Camp
Elk Valley , British Columbia
We had a Basecamp, and it was a groovy rig that attracted a lot of attention... as a camper... it was a bit lacking. The biggest issue is the lack of a toilet, which combined with the awkward way of getting in and out makes for complicated mid-night potty breaks if needed. We sold ours and went to a traditional style Airstream.

Considering the prices for them seem to be staying high, it would prompt me even more to suggest you look at a 16' Bambi if the bed is the biggest issue. The bed in the Basecamp folds down from the side, and you sleep width-wise. I am only 5'10" and found it very hard to be comfortable. In cooler weather you are right against the aluminum interior, which makes for a wet morning...

The plus for the Basecamp is its light weight (<> 2000 lbs), cargo capacity if you want to haul some bikes or even an ATV, and it's funkiness.

Downsides... no toilet, no protectors for the front windows (we shattered one on a trip to Alaska), no grey water tank (sink drains onto ground unless you have a container), no fridge...

It was great fun, but we grew out of it, especially with having our first kid. We hauled 2 mountain bikes and went in many races. The addition of the tent is essential to make it more useful, but the tent is expensive and does not have a fly...

And the kicker for us... we paid $12,900 for ours in Vegas prior to Pat Clark going out of business... brand new in 2008. So... you won't likely find one that cheap, but use it as a frame of reference when shopping around. For one with the tent and all the accessories, the max I'd pay is maybe $18K... and that would be for an exceptional unit... $15K for a used one is not unreasonable...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:06 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Tahoe Pines , California
Great to hear from you!

Dear Betty, thanks so much for your reply. We completely understand why you are torn, your Basecamp sounds (and from what we see in the pic, looks) amazing. It would be hard to let something like that go, a problem we hope to have some day! We sure don't mean to pressure you but yes we'd love to hear more. We're wiling to travel to meet you so we can check it out - no obligation by you to sell, we just want to see it! We've talked about having one since they came out and are kicking ourselves for not moving faster....it's amazing you got #4! Has it met all your expectations? What is the comfort factor like?

Sandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC004 View Post
Hi, Sandy and Herbert,

I bought my Basement to use in conjunction with my business. I've been telling myself I should sell my Basecamp because I don't use it enough. It's hard to justify keeping it, but I love it so much! It is #4 off the production line. It has about 10,000 miles from 3 major trips and a bunch of short trips. It still smells like new because I didn't cook inside even once! It has red interior, ramp, tent, hanging wardrobe, TV, and all the other electronic amenities. It has "state of the art" screens for the windows (I made them myself and they are superior to what I have seen) and more.

I'm not saying it is, and I'm not saying it isn't for sale. I'm conflicted, so if you are checking out the Portland BC but also want to know more about mine, let me know.

Betty
Old 04-29-2012, 12:24 AM   #11
1 Rivet Member

Tahoe Pines , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGAMO View Post
I might sell mine if anyone is interested.
it is a 07 Basecamp in perfect condition with all the accesories, and the 3000 lbs axle.
Hi sorry for slow response, we lost our login info! Do you have an asking price? Pictures?
Old 04-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #12
1 Rivet Member

Tahoe Pines , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC004 View Post
Hi, Sandy and Herbert,

Betty
I'm not sure I'm using the forum right..... So responding again in case last message didn't get to you! We are very interested in your Basecamp, do you think you might consider selling it? You can contact me at sandramiller@gmail.com if it turns out I'm hopeless at usi g this community (user error I'm sure:-))

~Sandra Miller
Old 04-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

2007 Base Camp
Minneapolis , Minnesota
Sandra,

You are using it right, I think. I'm an infrequent user, too. This is brief because I need to make a quick trip to visit my 94 year old, independent living, dad.

I was contacted about 10 days ago by a couple people and I moved from uncertain to a seller's frame of mind. The second person is very interested and almost ready to close. But that could change of course. I will contact you so you can be prepared with the information in case....

Betty
ABC004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
1 Rivet Member

Tahoe Pines , California
We would love to at least have a chance to bid on it! We are not at all uncertain - we have wanted one for awhile and Although we live in California we have family in the Midwest so traveling to it is no problem, we have so much family there. Can I ask your asking price? You can contact me here or sandraleemiller@gmail.com! Happy to send our phone numbers too!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #15

Currently Looking...
Woodruff , Wisconsin
Betty,
My husband and I are also interested in a Basecamp. We live in Northern Wisconsin. I am wondering if you have already sold yours. I am having trouble following the thread on you BC. Would you send me an email reply or to jennifer.deland@ministryhealth.org or call 715-356-5172 if you are able. We are heading toward MN soon. Even if you have sold it, would we be able to look at it? We have never seen one in person. And that would help us to know if it is what we are looking for? Thanks for any help you might be able to offer. Thanks, Jennifer
JenniferD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #16

Currently Looking...
Woodruff , Wisconsin
Hello,
I am wondering if you are still interested in selling your BC? Where are you located? Thanks, Jennifer
JenniferD is offline   Reply With Quote