Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2022, 04:51 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 Basecamp
Burlington , Vermont
Mouse"proof"ing a BC16X

I'm interested if any of you BCers have tried anything to decrease access for mice entering your trailers. Like what you've used to seal gaps, and where the main entrance points seem to be.

I have a furry little buddy who seemingly has started a seed dispensary and Fight Club arena somewhere under my floor. I finally got some traps to end the festivities, and some repellent to encourage the tournament to be held elsewhere in the future. But I am mostly interested in ways to block mice from being able to climb aboard in the first place. I'm in tune with nothing ever being 100% secure from mice so I'm not expecting miracles.

Thanks! And if you want to redirect me to another thread, that's great too. I just didn't see anything BC-specific when I looked.
GetSchwifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:22 AM   #2

2022 20' Basecamp
Granbury , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSchwifty View Post
I'm interested if any of you BCers have tried anything to decrease access for mice entering your trailers. Like what you've used to seal gaps, and where the main entrance points seem to be.

I have a furry little buddy who seemingly has started a seed dispensary and Fight Club arena somewhere under my floor. I finally got some traps to end the festivities, and some repellent to encourage the tournament to be held elsewhere in the future. But I am mostly interested in ways to block mice from being able to climb aboard in the first place. I'm in tune with nothing ever being 100% secure from mice so I'm not expecting miracles.

Thanks! And if you want to redirect me to another thread, that's great too. I just didn't see anything BC-specific when I looked.
You’ve obviously forgotten the first rule of Mouse Fight Club….Don’t talk about Mouse Fight Club.

Maybe a can of that expanding spray foam insulation and a flashlight to look for non-airtight spots underneath. That’s what I intend to do when ours is delivered in a couple of months.
CB5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 07:25 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2021 27' International
Raleigh , North Carolina
We have used steel wool in our home to seal excessively large holes the contractor apparently drilled for wiring, conduit, etc. in our kitchen. Seems to have worked so far. Supposedly, mice can't/don't want to chew through it.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:13 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 28' International
Jim Falls , Wisconsin
Are you getting while you camp or when you store? Indoor storage? I have indoor storage and I want to keep them out of my storage area completely so they don’t get into the camper. I have used sticky traps, but I bought these sonic sound transmitters that I put in the outlets of my garage. I was skeptical, but they seem to work. A little more humane then the sticky traps; which by the way work very well.

We had issues with mice getting into our house after some work that was done. I’ll have to say those buggers can get into the smallest places, and it seems if there is a way they will find it.
Daquenzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:31 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Olympia , Washington
I had a Ridgeline stored under a carport. Mice loved to nest on the cabin air filter. I did not love the smell. I used Fresh Cab Botanical Rodent Repellent (got it via Amazon). Solved the problem. Worth a try along with blocking holes, of course.
CR-Rylie is offline   Reply With Quote