Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-25-2023, 08:24 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Tioga , Texas
Bike rack for 20x

Anyone using a Stoke bike stand for carrying 2 mountain bikes in you base camp. Looks like it will work well with the l-track system.
We are leaning toward a 2024 REI 20x base camp, trying to plan in advance how to secure our mountain bikes.
If you have a system that works well we would appreciate your input and ideas.
Sadie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2024, 05:29 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2023 16' Basecamp
Grapevine , TX
Hey. I'll have mine installed this weekend and will share.

Jsj
GVBasecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 02:11 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
2021 27' Globetrotter
Aguanga , California
We have struggled with the Bike Stow and two Trek e-bikes. It fits, after everything is in. Absolute yoga workout to get the second bike in.

Haven't found a better answer but seriously thinking about putting a receiver on the front of the two vehicle so the bikes and the bike rack can travel outside.

We have put 32,000 miles on our 20x (4 months full time last year) and my partner is talking very seriously about a 23 twin because of the bike storage issue and the lack of a decent shower.
rcmenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 10:25 AM   #4

2022 20' Basecamp
port matilda , Pennsylvania
I don't keep the bed down so I stow bikes in the trailer. Fit 4 mtn bikes, just place them in pairs side by side fork next to rear hub each pair. Love the floor tie downs in the basecamp, use them to tie the wheels (bungee) and stabilize the top of the bike by tying to the overhead racks. Pool noodles or similar pad the bars from hitting the counter and walls. Often have my mtn bike tandem in there too, same procedure. Once we park, they all get locked to the skids outside. Saves buying gadgets, works for me.
cc retired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2024, 06:24 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Phoenix , Arizona
2022 20x here (prior to the REI's), my solution for bike carry was a EZ Utility Bumper and
a 1UP USA Bike Rack. Bumper is a receiver type and the 1UP has different size receiver shanks depending which rack you choose. Racks will accommodate 1 to 4 bikes, again
depending on which rack you choose.
Biggest bonus for us was not having to break down the bed to store the bikes!
Just something to think about!
tominphx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 06:29 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2023 16' Basecamp
Grapevine , TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tominphx View Post
2022 20x here (prior to the REI's), my solution for bike carry was a EZ Utility Bumper and a 1UP USA Bike Rack.!
I so want to order and put on the EZ bumper but the dealer and warranty details were so strong on the wording about the amount of voiding that occurs with any modifications that Iím waiting until my warranty runs out before I put one on. They look fantastic and serve such a great purpose.
GVBasecamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2024, 08:14 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2022 20' Basecamp
Phoenix , Arizona
Not sure what warranty issues would arise? In fact last time we were in for service the service mgr commented on what a great solution it for a usable Basecamp bumper.
tominphx is offline   Reply With Quote