Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-20-2021, 09:30 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Basecamp delivery dates

Hi Folks - I've been waiting a really long time for delivery of the Basecamp 20x I have put a deposit on. I would like to get a feel for when folks put down their deposit vs when they are being delivered and or further delayed. I have my motives for this post and it pertains to understanding whether some dealers are getting preferential deliveries over others in regards to delivery, and to understand if I'm being treated fairly as a consumer.

when I decided I wanted an AS after looking at other trailers, AS had contacted me directly after I visited their website, and I asked them when I could get my hands on one. They told me at the beginning of Aug 2020 there was a basecamp still not sold that was slated for delivery in Oct 2020 to a dealer in ME.

So, I put my deposit down on 8/13/2020. then October came around and the dealer said Jan. Jan came and the dealer says April.

I wouldn't be as upset about this if I hadn't been told by AS directly that this was to be delivered in Oct. See, I have a dealer just an hour away (in NH), but AS referred me to a dealer in ME stating the Basecamp would be delivered in Oct. If I had known these delays were going be part of this picture I would have refused to buy from this dealership that is farther away in favor of the closer one. But now my deposit in with this dealership and I believe that if I ask for it back I would just be put back on the waiting list by the dealer that is an hour closer to me.

In summary, just looking for folks to post their deposit dates, delivery dates, and or ETA for delivery if they don't have theirs yet.

Getting to know what the delays others are experiencing will help me understand whether I'm being treated fairly. an or maybe make me feel a little more optimistic.
kgottleib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
basecamp delivery

Hey there, I put a deposit down on a Basecamp 20x in Colorado back in late September. Dealer was pretty upfront about the uncertainty surrounding production given the challenges and delays due to COVID. Our original estimated delivery was Jan or Feb but the dealer doesn’t have an actual estimated date or any production updates last I checked, which makes me believe the actual delivery date will potentially be later in the spring or possibly even early summer (just guessing). The dealers are at the mercy of the information being trickled down from the manufacturing side, and covid has really just put everything in flux. So, I don't think you’re probably being taken advantage of, I think the dealers just have their hands tied a little bit. Let me know if you get any updates on your rig, because I am very curious about when others start getting their deliveries too!
SPRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Phoenix , Arizona
Sounds like about the normal frustrating delays. We ordered ours the first part of July and just got it 2 weeks ago. I know it got even worse after we ordered. Our dealer was equally frustrated as it sounds like there is not the best of communication from AS. I wish you luck. It we be worth the wait!
ptiemeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 10:24 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptiemeier View Post
Sounds like about the normal frustrating delays. We ordered ours the first part of July and just got it 2 weeks ago. I know it got even worse after we ordered. Our dealer was equally frustrated as it sounds like there is not the best of communication from AS. I wish you luck. It we be worth the wait!
good to know!!
Old 01-25-2021, 01:49 PM   #5
EMS
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Cedar Point , North Carolina
kgottleib,

I actually just sent you a PM to ask if you received your BC yet. Sorry to hear you have not. I can tell you that we ordered our 20X from Colonial 11/27 and were told 12-14 months. However, I am hopeful this is a precautionary estimate so we don't believe we have been strung along if they initially told us 5-7 months. Either way, we are watching ALL the youtubes on the interwebs and reading all things. We have secured our tow vehicle (2017 Jeep GC Trailhawk, of course V8), bought our generator, mountain bikes, portable solar, etc. We will be ready! Good luck to all.
EMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:36 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
San jose , California
I ordered mine Mid-October 2020. Dealer quoted November 2021 delivery, but they just told me our trailer is finally scheduled for production, due to ship late June 21. Hopefully that holds up.

Not sure how often the actual schedules slip but hopefully we aren't talking more than plus/minus a month or two.
Hn387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 03:37 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Cupertino , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hn387 View Post
I ordered mine Mid-October 2020. Dealer quoted November 2021 delivery, but they just told me our trailer is finally scheduled for production, due to ship late June 21. Hopefully that holds up.

Not sure how often the actual schedules slip but hopefully we aren't talking more than plus/minus a month or two.

Wow that is such a long time. I probably won't get mine until next spring.
ChristinaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:37 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Franklin , Wisconsin
I put our deposit down on Oct 15th and took delivery yesterday of our 20X. I think we were really lucky though and got the delivery date of someone that cancelled.
FaFaFooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:58 AM   #9
EMS
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Cedar Point , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaFaFooey View Post
I put our deposit down on Oct 15th and took delivery yesterday of our 20X. I think we were really lucky though and got the delivery date of someone that cancelled.

That is awesome!!! Surely some of us have to get lucky so there is hope for the rest and we can all live vicariously.
EMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 08:56 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaFaFooey View Post
Wow congrats!!!! That is fantastic.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:19 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

RALEIGH , NC
We just got an "off line" date - almost exactly 12 months from date of the order for our new 2021 Basecamp 20x. Looks like little wiggle on that estimated date.
Crawship99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 07:39 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawship99 View Post
We just got an "off line" date - almost exactly 12 months from date of the order for our new 2021 Basecamp 20x. Looks like little wiggle on that estimated date.
Thanks for posting, when did you order?
Old 02-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #13
1 Rivet Member

RALEIGH , NC
09/18/2020 - Off Line date 09/07/2021, add a week for delivery to the dealer = 12 months.

It is what it is. The local sales person said the AS build capablitiy has exceeded supplier capacitities to deliver appliances and other vendor speciaties. Refrigerators and AC units were specifically mentioned as constraining AS manufacturing lines. That's the story FWIW.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:01 AM   #14
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawship99 View Post
09/18/2020 - Off Line date 09/07/2021, add a week for delivery to the dealer = 12 months.

It is what it is. The local sales person said the AS build capablitiy has exceeded supplier capacitities to deliver appliances and other vendor speciaties. Refrigerators and AC units were specifically mentioned as constraining AS manufacturing lines. That's the story FWIW.
Thanks good info, pretty much means I might have it this summer..
Old 02-24-2021, 07:43 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member

RALEIGH , NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgottleib View Post
Thanks good info, pretty much means I might have it this summer..
Hey kgottleib;

Get you dealer to give you the original AS Order Number. Then, ask them to request the Unit Number of your order. This will be the last six digits of the new VIN which has been assigned to your trailer. Finally, request the current Off Line Date. This information for our order was gotten from the Regional Sales Director. Your dealer should be able to get the information from their Sales Director.If you get this information, then my feeling is you have in hand some pretty reliable dates.

For us, the need for the information allowed us to plan our vacation time for the remainder of this year. For us, that was a big deal. Hate the wait, but at least we have some official AS production planning information.

Good luck - let us know hoew it turns out for you.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:15 AM   #16
LiveDifferent411

2021 20' Basecamp
Rohnert Park , California
Regarding delivery times... we put a deposit on our BC20X end of August,2020. Initially we were told, perhaps delivering in Nov. December 23rd, 2020 it arrived. We’re in Northern California. We had the BC16, and the 20X is such an improvement!. Hope you’ll take delivery soon. Congrats on your new trailer!
Rnorgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:37 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Delivery Update

Hi All,

Got a production update from my dealer today: should hopefully be receiving my 20X sometime in May. Thats about 4 months later than we originally thought, which really is not too bad in my opinion, all things considered. Getting more excited by the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRider View Post
Hey there, I put a deposit down on a Basecamp 20x in Colorado back in late September. Dealer was pretty upfront about the uncertainty surrounding production given the challenges and delays due to COVID. Our original estimated delivery was Jan or Feb but the dealer doesn’t have an actual estimated date or any production updates last I checked, which makes me believe the actual delivery date will potentially be later in the spring or possibly even early summer (just guessing). The dealers are at the mercy of the information being trickled down from the manufacturing side, and covid has really just put everything in flux. So, I don't think you’re probably being taken advantage of, I think the dealers just have their hands tied a little bit. Let me know if you get any updates on your rig, because I am very curious about when others start getting their deliveries too!
Old 02-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #18
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnorgrove View Post
Regarding delivery times... we put a deposit on our BC20X end of August,2020. Initially we were told, perhaps delivering in Nov. December 23rd, 2020 it arrived. We’re in Northern California. We had the BC16, and the 20X is such an improvement!. Hope you’ll take delivery soon. Congrats on your new trailer!
thanks for posting, now I'm 100% positive not all dealers are being treated equally. I ordered mine a month earlier, in aud 2020, was even told buy AS it was the last unsold model scheduled to be delivered in Oct 2020, and yours was already delivered, while I'm still waiting. I think its time to make a call...

Does anyone think the amount deposited plays a role? One dealership said to me 10k down minimum, the one I am working with said it didn't matter and it could be as low as $500..

Also, the dealership type.. the dealer I have my deposit with is a Mercedes dealership, not a traditional trailer outlet with a lot full of campers.. I'm wondering if that is also a factor..

Perhaps its time to make a call, a pleasant one, I'd just rather rant here than to someone from AS that could put me hold even longer hahahaha
Old 02-28-2021, 11:49 PM   #19
knight-rider

2021 20' Basecamp
Hillsboro , Oregon
We put the deposit 3 months ago on BC 20X. Someone backed off from their order, and the dealership asked if we are interested. We readily agreed, though some of the features we ordered weren't available in this unit. We took the delivery two days ago. So I think it all depends on how many people are in the waiting list from that particular dealership (on specific models), and how many people are cancelling their orders. People cancel orders all the time. We cancelled our order on other units twice before booking BC 20X. I'm sure someone else has grabbed the units we cancelled.
knight-rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:35 PM   #20
PennTexan

2021 20' Basecamp
Centerville , Texas
We placed our order for a BC 20X with Colonial AS on September 23, 2020. At that time they estimated June delivery. While filling out the paperwork they found that they had one on order for inventory that matched what we ordered and it was due in March. We were told last week that we could take delivery at the end of this month (March 2021) as it would ship from Ohio around March 22.
Poconotexan is offline   Reply With Quote