Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2021, 05:48 PM   #21

2021 20' Basecamp
Endicott , New York
Arrived

We ordered our Basecamp 20X from Colonial AS on July 16, 2020 and and it arrived on January 29th. Brought our Basecamp 16X down for trade and purchase. We left the new camper at dealer until the roads in upstate NY get cleared of salt and dirt. It has been a long winter. The 20X seems much bigger in person. The additional height, width and length are really evident. The folks at Colonial AS have been great to deal with. Very easy to transact with. There showroom and inventory on the lot is impressive.
nickanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
2020 25' International
minneapolis , Minnesota
I saw two flatbeds heading west on I40 toward AZ, one was carrying 3 Basecamps, the other 3 Bambies. Be patient.
s1000pre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

, Virginia
I have been watching this thread fearing that we were sold a bill of goods when we ordered our Basecamp 20x in November. They told us they had one that fit our exact request on the line that was not spoken for because the folks who ordered bailed on the contract. We signed up for it and were told it would be delivered mid March. I called a couple times to give them the opportunity to come clean and tell me they made a mistake or something but, I just got the call that it arrived today and I can pickup next weekend after the battery upgrade is complete. Feeling like I won the lotto or something. I will still be holding my breath until it’s hooked up to the TV. (Just learned what TV means in this forum and have been waiting to use it.)
I hope to hear everyone in here gets theirs faster than expected!
Pizzaman276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Rochester , WASHINGTON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaman276 View Post
I have been watching this thread fearing that we were sold a bill of goods when we ordered our Basecamp 20x in November. They told us they had one that fit our exact request on the line that was not spoken for because the folks who ordered bailed on the contract. We signed up for it and were told it would be delivered mid March. I called a couple times to give them the opportunity to come clean and tell me they made a mistake or something but, I just got the call that it arrived today and I can pickup next weekend after the battery upgrade is complete. Feeling like I won the lotto or something. I will still be holding my breath until it’s hooked up to the TV. (Just learned what TV means in this forum and have been waiting to use it.)
I hope to hear everyone in here gets theirs faster than expected!
Congrats! Soon it will be time for the PL.
= Punch List
Old 03-12-2021, 02:37 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

, Virginia
More acronyms to work in the next post! Thanks B. Cole
Pizzaman276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 06:50 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

2023 25' Flying Cloud
Westlake Vlg , CA
The Eagle has landed

We ordered Labor Day weekend 2020. Offline date was given as 2/16/2021 and mostly radio silence before and after. It then landed at Airstream Los Angeles 3/7/2021 and our family took delivery yesterday. Sleeping in it tonight. It was worth the wait!
the eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:25 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
My understanding is that dealers get allotted annual production slots based on their sales volume. If your dealer has used up all their slots for the year, this means you get pushed out to later and explains why some can deliver faster than others.
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:19 PM   #28

2021 20' Basecamp
Stevensville , Michigan
Hi,
We put our deposit down in late August in Grand Rapids, MI. We were initially given a March delivery which slipped to April. The latest from the dealer is that it's scheduled to be built in mid April.
BMH1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:52 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
just got the call from the dealer, the basecamp is being released on 3/28 so I imagine it will take some time to get to the dealership etc..

Ordered late august, delayed 2x, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.
kgottleib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 09:37 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

calgary , Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgottleib View Post
just got the call from the dealer, the basecamp is being released on 3/28 so I imagine it will take some time to get to the dealership etc..

Ordered late august, delayed 2x, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.
Compared to me, you're pretty lucky. I ordered mine August 25th. He initially thought it would be April/May. The last I heard from him is that he is hoping it would be delivered in July. I have a feeling it will not be delivered in time for the family to enjoy it this upcoming summer.
Petegd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:57 AM   #31
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Not that lucky it just got delayed again, this time till 4/29. Let's hope this is the last delay.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:02 AM   #32
PennTexan

2021 20' Basecamp
Centerville , Texas
Ordered Basecamp 20X in September, arrived April 7th at dealership. We took delivery yesterday at Colonial Airstream. Spending the night here at the dealership to check things out. The sink and faucet have been modified. No more “fold down” faucet. The sink is a classic round Airstream sink like we’ve had in our International Signature “kitchens” of the past. The new faucet is a modern dark bronze or black “Vigo” brand mounted on the countertop at about the 2 o’clock position. We were told that the old faucets had some issues if they weren’t stored properly and this was the first Basecamp they received with the new Vigo faucet. I like it.
Poconotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 07:55 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poconotexan View Post
Ordered Basecamp 20X in September, arrived April 7th at dealership. We took delivery yesterday at Colonial Airstream. Spending the night here at the dealership to check things out. The sink and faucet have been modified. No more “fold down” faucet. The sink is a classic round Airstream sink like we’ve had in our International Signature “kitchens” of the past. The new faucet is a modern dark bronze or black “Vigo” brand mounted on the countertop at about the 2 o’clock position. We were told that the old faucets had some issues if they weren’t stored properly and this was the first Basecamp they received with the new Vigo faucet. I like it.
You ordered a month later than me, but have already gotten yours delivered, this is because of the clout that Colonial AS has, aren't they a a dedicated AS dealership? Dedicated dealerships have been given priority, which really sucks for me because AS referred me to the very dealership I have my deposit with. I now this because the AS sales manager informed me of this in an email exchange when I complained to him about my scheduled release date being moved.. I understand delays but to be given a release date and within less than a month being told that your release date is now X.. that is just wrong.. dont' give a release date unless you plan to honor it... anyhow, congrats on your new 20x, wouldn't be surprised if it was meant for me because my release date was supposed to be 3/26.. is it red rock? hahaha If yes then I'm guessing they simply changed the VIN haahahaha
Old 04-17-2021, 09:59 PM   #34
PennTexan

2021 20' Basecamp
Centerville , Texas
Not Redrock, we got Glacier blue! Remember that Colonial had one on order (before we put down our deposit in Sept. 2020) that matched what we ordered. Their order may have been from August 2020 for all I know. We were able to jump ahead because they put our name on the one that they already had on order. Yes, Colonial seems to be dedicated to Airstreams. Pretty sure they are one of the top three dealers in the USofA. Maybe #1? They told me that the Basecamp 20X is THE most popular Airstream now in terms of sales volume. Just got back to Texas today with our 20X. Overall it was worth the wait. Hope you see yours soon!
Poconotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 12:08 PM   #35

2021 16' Basecamp
Floyd , Virginia
Can you post a picture of the new Basecamp sink and faucet set up? We are waiting for a 2022 16X and expect the modification will be the same. Thanks!
JandJBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:16 PM   #36
1 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Evergreen , Colorado
Just got a call from the dealer, we take possession of our 20x on May 27! Ordered in September with original delivery estimate of Jan/Feb. Super excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRider View Post
Hey there, I put a deposit down on a Basecamp 20x in Colorado back in late September. Dealer was pretty upfront about the uncertainty surrounding production given the challenges and delays due to COVID. Our original estimated delivery was Jan or Feb but the dealer doesn’t have an actual estimated date or any production updates last I checked, which makes me believe the actual delivery date will potentially be later in the spring or possibly even early summer (just guessing). The dealers are at the mercy of the information being trickled down from the manufacturing side, and covid has really just put everything in flux. So, I don't think you’re probably being taken advantage of, I think the dealers just have their hands tied a little bit. Let me know if you get any updates on your rig, because I am very curious about when others start getting their deliveries too!
SPRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 03:50 PM   #37

Front Royal , Virginia
Question Ordered a Basecamp 20 a couple of weeks ago - New to Airstream

We ordered a Basecamp 20 without the X package. Did this because I prefer the trailer be as low to the road as possible. Have not had a good time hauling an oversized box behind my tow vehicle.

We are coming out of a Cruiser 215WSK, which is about the smallest you can get (they do make shorter campers, but the front profile is just as huge) plus it was sitting on sprung axles that put it a good 3 ft off the ground. Great camper inside, and it has served well as a fixed cabin , but towing it is beyond my idea of relaxing.

Prior to the FunFinder, we had Chalet A-frame campers. Easy to tow!

I am hoping the Basecamp will be a similar experience.

How was the sales service at your Airstream dealer? Communication was okay, but really vague on order status. When did you receive a VIN for a camper you ordered?

Thanks Chad and Angela

Signature to come later
CBinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #38

2021 16' Basecamp
Mammoth Lakes , California
Kgottleib, did your trailer ever arrive?
MauiCoconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 03:39 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgottleib View Post
Not that lucky it just got delayed again, this time till 4/29. Let's hope this is the last delay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiCoconut View Post
Kgottleib, did your trailer ever arrive?
Welcome to the forum! I am curious about these delay issues too.

Good luck all,

Peter
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:42 AM   #40
2 Rivet Member

2021 20' Basecamp
South Easton , MA
I'm happy to report the Basecamp 20 I ordered on 8/20/2020 has been delivered to the dealership. It doesn't have the interior I ordered, and the serial # is different, but at this point I'll take it. Something tells me the unit with the serial # on the original sticker I put a deposit on was delivered to someone else months ago..

How hard is it to put a system together than honors the order date above all else?

Also, in the midst of the shortages etc, AutoCAmp on Cape Cod was delivered 80 brand new Airstreams, they opened up just last month. Did this have an affect on the delivery dates for the individual buyers? Most certainly... but money talks.. I read reviews of Autocamp and they aren't that great, and they are charging a fortune for a nightly stay, upwards of $500.