Old 05-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #1

Currently Looking...
Moberly , Missouri
2018 Basecamp Water Leak

I purchased a 2018 Basecamp on May 27. It is beautiful and looks like new but it has a water leak that appears by the shower or leaks under the trailer when it is tilted front up. I checked the tubing and joints and none are leaking. Does anyone have any suggestions. If I leave the pump on it runs every few seconds and empties the fresh water tank in a matter of hours. Any suggestions?

Another curiosity to me is that I called the nearest Airstream dealer in St Charles, MO and was informed that they would ONLY service Airstreams that they sell. Is this a common practice for Airstream dealers?

Thanks.
Avid20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2020 16' Basecamp
Palm Springs , CA
Hello, I just bought a 2020 and brought it home just a few days ago so sorry if this is obvious but...

I was shown that the A/C's water drips down one of the wheel wells onto a tire.

That was not something intuitive to me.
Victor Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:19 AM   #3

Currently Looking...
Moberly , Missouri
2018 Basecamp Water Leak

Since the local Airstream Dealer (Bill Thomas Camper Sales, St Charles, MO) would not assist, I disassembled the left bench and accessed the Pex water supply tubing. I found a clamp, factory installed that had been crimped but was loose and sliding freely on the Pex tubing (a hot water line), and was leaking. It was a very difficult access but once that was repaired, the water leak is fixed. This was in front of a fender well and hard to reach under the shower. It required a special crimping tool around $70.00 but to just have the problem diagnosed was going to be $109.00 at a RV repair shop.

The previous owner told me the water leak was from the bathroom/shower door and only when the shower operated. I found the leak ran across the floor by the shower whenever the pump was on. It is resolved with the above fix.

I really like the Basecamp.
Avid20 is offline   Reply With Quote