Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Base Camp
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-23-2023, 04:49 PM   #1
Tao
3 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
16X, 2022, Electric jack-run with to inside buss bar?

I purchase a 3500 pound electric lift/jack for the 16X tongue.

Installed the simple bolt on jack BUT getting one single 12 gauge little wire into the compartment where batteries and electrical gear has consumed 3 hours this afternoon, with nothing gained or accomplished.

No tag pulls left by Airstream. Trying to fish a snake the wire into the rig and up through the floor has been a failure so far.

Anyone done it? I even removed the external solar panel plug and tried to get a snake up inth the hole in the floor that the 7 way wire and a few others come up through the floor. No way that I can figure.

Seems I'd have to completely disconnect the batteries, remove them now and the battery box to have enough access to get a snake through???

Not ready yet to put in new batteries and inverter.

Last, the battery box life is hinged on the far side by the exterior of the 16X. AS says just jiggle and life it - no way does that work.
Any one have the same problem?

I plan on putting in LiFe batteries and need to get the dang lid off to remove the AGM's the define just how much space I have available - hope to put two 200 Ah batteries in the area.

Will start a separate thread if no answer on this thread.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 06:39 PM   #2
Tao
3 Rivet Member

2022 16' Basecamp
Currently Looking...
Chapel Hill , North Carolina
A simple task made complicated by lack of Airstream not leaving a tag line to pull through a wire.

Only way I could get it done was to disconnect the leads at the positive and negative bus bars, tie a line to them, move the the aux solar panel plug on the front of the 16X, pull the solar panel wire and the tag line, attach the positive line from the electric jack and pull it in to the battery/electrical compartment.

Was not fun trying to work through the tiny opening into the electrical compartment. I'm 6'4" and 225#'s. Not made for me, but I got it done.
Tao is offline   Reply With Quote