Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 31' Excella 500
Mount Vernon , Is For Lovers
Thumbs up '72 Excella pre-tow bearing/brake inspectiongrey tank

I pulled the wheels and checked the brakes and bearings and I'm good to go!Every thing looked fresh/new.I think the axles may have been replaced by the previous PO.It was towed 45 miles from an Estate sale 4 years ago!! What a pleasant surprise.It's off the ground right now so I can't judge sag yet.My tires(235/75R15 36210 Michelin LTX M/S 2) should get to the shop on Sat. I need to adapt the TT umbilical to TV and then I will be able to tow her to her new home,a storage lot,where I will begin the inspection/exploration process.Since I have had a week to do some research on my new acquisition I have learned volumes of valuable information from this site.Thank You, Everyone.I am so excited to become an Airstream owner I can't wait to start a fixin',bleedin',cusssin' and stop smiling from ear to ear so much!! I forgot my camera again.You will see pics as promised,after I take possession. I posted too fast. This Excella 500 was built 2/72 so it predates the first grey tank trailers by 4 months.
Sylver Slypr is offline   Reply With Quote