Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2015, 12:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Anchorage , Alaska
Best cleaner for 2014 International CCD?

I found a great article on 'Washing Exterior' of Airstream - but they do not list optimal products (except wax products - I just want to get off the dirt!) for use. I have heard to avoid certain chemicals and products. In one thread, someone recommended Simple Green Car Wash - but then I found a bunch of haters of Simple Green online (off Air Forums). Thanks in advance! Chris.
hrthelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:22 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I have been using Meguiar's Deep Crystal Car Wash. Same liquid soap,I have been washing my cars and boats with for many years. Followed by a light waxing wth liquid Turtle Wax. I bought some Weberize but have not gotten around to trying it yet.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Most any quality car wash soap will suffice. Keeping your brush clean is the real trick.

I use Meguiars Detailers Shampoo Plus. Ordered gallon jug with pump. Good on both the ginormous truck and ginormous trailer with an Extend-A-Brush. I sometimes add Calgon Water Softener to bucket in hard water areas. Sheet the water to rinse and little is left afterwards.

A portable water softener (Flow Pur is one brand) would be the cats meow. How well the soap rinses off is the determining factor for quality, IMO.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote