Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2005 - 2010 Safari
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-03-2007, 10:09 AM   #41
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Hasn't Carol said her 27' Classic has a porcelain throne?

Paula, I fully agree that the skylight is worse than useless. The integral shade provides very poor insulation. I recall seeing an '05 25' FB with skylight at a dealer at about 10:30 on a Minnesota summer morning. The shade was closed and walking under it was like being near a radiant heater. You've got two Vista Views in the rear living space on the FB series and windows galore. It is very bright inside like you say.

Many good comments in your posts -- karma!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
When I find a good fix for those plastic light covers I'll post it....so far there is no pattern to it...some stay on some don't. However, once removed, say to change a bulb, they don't stay on so it may have something to do with the deformity of the plastic...those little side tabs are fairly small. But I'll eventually come up with a solution.
On the lobster sink..we like it...had double sinks in our last TT so this is a nice change. Love the skylight and panoramic windows in the bedroom too.
We camp often on a private 500 acre ranch so it's nice to wake up and see the wide view. Next stop..Home Depot to get one of those eve vents to fabricate over the patio light...then Bed Bath and Beyond...where they have those small clothespin-like chip clips, our solution to hanging the string lights.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #43
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Brow, Congrats on the new trailer. we love ours too. We bought two flatscreens with the DVD players in them from Sams and put them in ourselves (one in the bedroom and one next to the fridge. They work great. We also went ahead and had a porcelain toilet installed. It was a Thetford aria. It works very nicely. We drove ours off the lot and left for New Mexico for a week and never had a problem. Very easy to set up and take down. I am looking at installing a pair of the smoke colored MAXX Air vents over the vents for this time of year camping. Happy trails.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:00 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
McKinney , Texas
Brow, Congrats on the new trailer. we love ours too. We bought two flatscreens with the DVD players in them from Sams and put them in ourselves (one in the bedroom and one next to the fridge. They work great. We also went ahead and had a porcelain toilet installed. It was a Thetford aria. It works very nicely. We drove ours off the lot and left for New Mexico for a week and never had a problem. Very easy to set up and take down. I am looking at installing a pair of the smoke colored MAXX Air vents over the vents for this time of year camping. Happy trails.
Krazyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:16 PM   #45
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream
Well if I did I have been dethroned. Plain ol Thetford Aqua Magic lV I think. It's beige too and the sink is off white, tsk tsk and I can't find a cover to fit.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 01:27 AM   #46
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Los Angeles , Massachusetts
Wow! This is really nice! I like it.

Myra
mwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 06:31 AM   #47
1 Rivet Short

1989 25' Excella
By The Bay , Rhode Island
We stopped by our local AS dealer last week (to get our free book!) and of course toured all the new models. We are not in the market now, but we all greed, this would be the one to get if we were. Really liked the floor plan, the FB with armoires each side is very nice. I would like to see this in a 25’ (the 25’ really is big enough for 3 of us plus dog..) and in many cases, is about the largest camper you can squeeze into some NP and SP sites...but boy is this one a beauty!

What’s an iPod?

Best of luck Brow, Bill
Old 04-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #48
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested
I found pictures of the 27' FB.
http://www.toscanorv.com/moredetails...code=toscanorv##

Center bed, longer dinette, round galley end with lobster sink, wooden pantry, change in the bathroom under sink cabinetry doors.
I like the color scheme as well. Very classy. Okay so how much do these babies cost? What would I be looking at in monthly payments? I'm trying to get a sense of how much my freedom is gonna cost me.

Thanks,

Myra
Old 04-23-2007, 02:06 PM   #49
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Myra,

If you like the floorplan of the 27' FB, look at these too. The Signature Series International CCD has different material and laminate colors. I like 'Cilantro'.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 03:41 PM   #50
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmotini
Myra,

If you like the floorplan of the 27' FB, look at these too. The Signature Series International CCD has different material and laminate colors. I like 'Cilantro'.
Hi Dennis (cosmotini)

I like the Cilantro too! How much is it? I think I could live in that okay!

Myra
Old 04-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream

Paula, I fully agree that the skylight is worse than useless. The integral shade provides very poor insulation. I recall seeing an '05 25' FB with skylight at a dealer at about 10:30 on a Minnesota summer morning. The shade was closed and walking under it was like being near a radiant heater. You've got two Vista Views in the rear living space on the FB series and windows galore. It is very bright inside like you say.

Many good comments in your posts -- karma!
I don't like the sky light either. Soooo what does AS do. From now on the skylight is STANDARD EQUIPMENT. Its useless...its worse than that next to the fantastic vent. I swear...sometimes I think the more ideas the mother ship hears the more determined they are to DO IT THIER WAY just cause they can.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #52
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Yakima , Washington
Wally said "We don't make changes...We just make improvements".

I love the 27 foot too. It seems like a lot more money for ONLY a bigger closet and more pantry storage for another at least 10 grand more. Whew....the profit margin at the factory is BIG.
DFord79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Went to the dealer Saturday

Came away without one, but my my. The Ocean Breeze - which I didn't like the looks of over the internet was really nice in person. The colors just don't come out right on the photography.

The Ocean Breeze is considered a CCD - so it does have a slightly heavier grade of laminates and a porcelain potty in addition to the other amenities.

I like the true walk around queen too. Okay think lottery tickets.

Paula
Old 04-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwinter
Hi Dennis (cosmotini)

I like the Cilantro too! How much is it? I think I could live in that okay!

Myra
If you go to some of the dealer sites, you can see the MSRP. You'll have to contact them to negotiate a final price. The discount will depend on the popularity of the trailer and the motivation of the dealer. If you're able, get quotes from different dealers.

There are other options available that are not described very well but the dealer has a list. Things like larger air-conditioners, awnings on the road-side and rear, different audio-video packages, microwaves, generator-prep, etc.

I liket this dealer site and this dealer site.
BRN #20321 Air #4056
"Oooh - They have the Internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #55

Currently Looking...
Newhall , California
I know this an old topic but since there's a lot of talk of the 25 vs 27 I thought I'd post here and see the response.

We are looking to part-time initially on the West Coast USA when I retire next year. National Park parking is a concern as I like the forested outdoors a lot.

The wife liked the walk around queen bed in the 27 but I was hesitant because I didn't know if the galley was practical with the dog bowl sink. It looks like some people like it. Don't the 25's have a more conventional double sinK? Is that an advantage?

The tow vehicle is also a concern. The GVW on the 25 is 7300. I guess I could tow it w/ my current '04 V8 4Runner but I wouldn't have the 10% fudge factor on the tow rating. I was thinking of selling the 4R after I retire and probably going with a 5.7 Tundra since I have been pleased with the engineering and build quality on the 4R.

I also don't get the $10K premium for the 27 over the 25.

I do know that there is such a thing as underbuying a vehicle or rv especially where living space or storage space is concerned. Since this would be a major purchase for a couple on a fixed income all your thoughts and input would be welcome.
Mslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:58 PM   #56
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
$10,000 is not an insignificant difference, but no one so far has wished they had gone smaller, especially when they are long-terming in a travel trailer. The Tundra should handle either trailer without problem. When you get into the mountains you just have to be patient.

Good luck with your decision.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:33 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
Mslim: Just sent you a PM....

Patricia (and George)

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Anyone interested in a 2007 27' Classic FB I just put ours up in the classified section.

2007 27' Classic Airstream FB - Airstream Trailer & Airstream Motorhome Classifieds

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Wow Carol! What do you have your eye on?

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #60
3 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
2003 25' Classic
Anacortes , Washington
one more time

Mslim: Just sent you a PM again - the first one went to the wrong address - sorry to confuse!

Patricia (and George)

ghatfield is offline   Reply With Quote