RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Atlanta , Georgia
What was included in the SE package?

I'm considering buying a 2007 Safari SE/LS. I found a posting that describes what came with the LS. But I can't find what the SE implies. Means "Special Edition" I gather, but what comes with that?
cbgenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:26 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Just winging it here but the LS package of options had all the upgrades as to electric hitch, faucets, pump, all the upgrades as close to being in the Classics as possible, and the SE special edition is the trim level of bare aluminum walls, hallogen lights and the CCD/Classic full opening awning windows and the end panaramic wrap around windows, introduced into the basic Safari line, which had the other Hehr windows was it and cloth interior and basic components.

The Special Edition was a combination of the homey woodlook interior of the safari with the new cool sleek look of the CCDs and Internationals, a hybrid or cross of the models.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Carol has some of the differences -- electric hitch, pump. LS had the nicer International cast taillights and spare tire originally. Bigger air conditioner ... ?? 13K BTU instead of 11.5K ?? or something like that. The LS package was discontinued when these all became standard on the SE. The LS package dates from before skylights became standard -- they weren't part of the LS package either.

Camping in May of '06, darned if another 25' FB SE didn't pull into the site right next to us. The taillights gave it away instantly as not being an LS optioned trailer. Yup -- crank hitch jack too. I asked the guy why -- said he hadn't researched it. Just ordered an Airstream.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgenrich View Post
I'm considering buying a 2007 Safari SE/LS. I found a posting that describes what came with the LS. But I can't find what the SE implies. Means "Special Edition" I gather, but what comes with that?
The 2007 Safari Special Edition Upgrade ($4,786) included: Interior aluminum skin, International/Classic style windows & rear panoramic window, brushed aluminum blinds, brushed nickel spotlights & reading lights. The LS Upgrade ($2214) included: spare tire, 1 Fantastic Fan, No-Fuss flush black tank system, Aquajet water pump, cast aluminum taillights, electric hitch jack, 13,500 BTU A/C with heat pump, screen door guard, one touch galley faucet with seperate sprayer, 2 Airstream jackets and 2 Airstream caps.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
The LS Upgrade ($2214) included: ... 2 Airstream jackets and 2 Airstream caps.
Well if I don't get those jackets and caps I'm going to cry fowl!

That pretty much answers my question. Thanks.
cbgenrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
2dabeach seems to have covered it...our 19' Bambi is a Safari SE LS and when we got it we didn't really understand all the things that were included...but glad we lucked out and got the extras...they have made it extra special for us. Love the interior aluminum and pano window and all the little extras. Life is good.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair & PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Safari SE
La Center , Washington
OH... I guess I got an SE with part of the LS... the only thing I didn't get was the larger AC. Maybe cuz I'm in the Northwest? Maybe I should finish the LS package and get the heat pump put in.
longdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
Hedonistic Bohemian

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Atlanta , Georgia
Well I bought the 2007 Safari LS/SE that I mentioned at the outset, in part thanks to the handy list of fancies described here and included in the price of the slightly used unit.

I have to say if the upgraded water pump is "quieter", I would not want to hear what it is quieter than. I hope I don't camp next to someone with one of those.
Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by longdog View Post
OH... I guess I got an SE with part of the LS... the only thing I didn't get was the larger AC. Maybe cuz I'm in the Northwest? Maybe I should finish the LS package and get the heat pump put in.
longdog... I have the heat pump in our 2007 25' FB and very rarely use it as it's too noisy and distributes large volumes of moderately warm air. We purchased a small 1,500 watt heater with a thermostat and use that whenever it gets cool in the trailer and we're able to leave it on and not keep us awake at night with the noise. We had some cool weather this past winter while in Florida and was able to keep the inside of the 25' comfortable (68-70F) with outside temperatures down to the 37-40F range. We usually shut down the electric heater when we're away from the trailer for the day. If the trailer is very cold when we return, we use the propane heater to bring the temperature back up to 68-70F and then shut down the propane and use the portable electric heater.