Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2007 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2008, 05:09 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Swapping out conv/micro for gas oven

We have our 25' FB Safari for sale and a potential buyer wants a gas oven instead of the conv/micro upgrade we have. Does anyone know if this is a relatively easy change for a dealer or RV repair shop to do?
tport40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 06:19 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tport40
We have our 25' FB Safari for sale and a potential buyer wants a gas oven instead of the conv/micro upgrade we have. Does anyone know if this is a relatively easy change for a dealer or RV repair shop to do?
This depends on the location of your LP cook-top an how much counter space you have available. The range/oven combo requires the same footprint as a cook-top (generally) and if you're lucky, the cabinetry below just needs a little 'surgery' to complete the install, and the combo unit will use the same LP line.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Thanks for the info, Lew.
tport40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
We just had ours traded out, only in the opposite direction. We had the microwave/convection replace our all gas.

JC would be able to do it and it is a fun place to visit. Nice hook-ups and LOTS of Airstreams. Give them a call and they will tell you how much.
starflyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I inquired about this same thing on a possible 31 footer I was looking at.

They told me it required cabinet mods/replacements to accomidate the LP oven, which totally made sense, until I got the price. JC I think quoted me over a grand to do it.

Yes it can be done, yes it's not cheap to do.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #6
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by tport40
"Easy" yes. Cheap no. I had my convection microwave pulled and oven/cooktop. They had to modify the cabinets. I was able to keep all my existing storage. The cost was a litte over $1000. $400 for the oven and about $700 for labor.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #7
The Silver Schooner

2007 28' Safari SE
Dover , New Hampshire
Anything is possible

I've just made a commitment to buy a 28SE. It had the propane oven and cooktop and I wanted the Micro/convection oven and propane cooktop. The dealer agree to swap out the oven for me as part of the deal and has ordered the new components from A/S - which were presumably shipped this week. As soon as the swap is made I'm going to bring her home - wooo hoo! I don't know about the costs because it was part of the deal and the dealer was very nice about accommodating me - I expect because this trailer has been sitting in his inventory for two years and the 2009's are coming in and he really wanted to move it out. But he made it seem easy - and I'm going to be a happy camper soon! I can't wait.......