Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2007 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Kennesaw , Georgia
Question Subwoofer no work-y and TV capability

Hey, just noticed this past trip that the subwoofer in our SE LS doesn't work and looks like it never has; 6-pin block connector appears to be the culprit. Anyone else have this issue? It's a pretty lame s/w anyway, so I might replace it with a small 110v model.

Also, is the Sony LCD TV in the LS upgrade an HDTV or not? Seems that if it is you could get an HD "air" antenna added to the Winegard to get local HD broadcasts. I won't be "visiting" my camper for a few weeks so thought I'd ask the TV question.

Thanx, Lance
TennisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Huntington Beach , California
Just a thought..I think I saw on another thread about the sub-woofer having it's own fuse in the power center, if you have the queen the power center which includes the converter/charger is under the bed facing the hallway. You might check that fuse.

If you havn't pulled the access panel for the stereo connections (inside the upper cabinet next to your auxillary connectors and the speaker switch), don't freak out when you do and see the rat's nest of wires and connectors.

I believe the Sony TV is HD ready, but no internal HD tuner.

John
Old 09-07-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
What model Sony TV do you have? THe Sony WEGA will display in HD but does not have a HD tuner. THe Sony Bravia does have an HD tuner.
Where is you 6 pin block connector? on the subwoofer. Get it fixed and have them re-position the Sub woofer. I had problems with mine. They fixed it and re-positioned the unit. No further problems.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #4
E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Land Of Enchantment , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEMACHINE
Just a thought..I think I saw on another thread about the sub-woofer having it's own fuse in the power center, if you have the queen the power center which includes the converter/charger is under the bed facing the hallway. You might check that fuse.

If you havn't pulled the access panel for the stereo connections (inside the upper cabinet next to your auxillary connectors and the speaker switch), don't freak out when you do and see the rat's nest of wires and connectors.

I believe the Sony TV is HD ready, but no internal HD tuner. John
With no tuner, you'll need to get one. Good advice on the fuse - could be in-line or on the sub itself.

Low end frequencies (bass) suck up alot more power than high-end (treble). Could be the amp is underpowered. Folks tend to equate "power" with volume... while that is true to some extent, added amplifier power allows you to reproduce the low end frequencies more accurately. This means good separation and clean sound for music and movies (low-end is omni-drictional, hi-end frequencies are directional). So, when someone brags on their "massive power amplifier", complement them on their attention to accurate sound reproduction...

Gawd! It really does make a difference in the audio-visual experience!
The trouble with trouble is it always starts out as fun...
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #5

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Apple Valley , California
Subwoofer Safari 25 FB SE LS

This is my first post so bear with me. I thought I had the same problem. After calling Airstream and checking all the other things that have already been posted as possible causes, I found that mine does indeed work. The trick for me was to go into the menu that lets you adjust the bass, treble, fade, balance etc. till you come to the subwoofer level. The adjustment is in 20 steps and the default is in the middle. When I went to approx. 18 or 19 out of the possible 20,( to the right ) the subwoofer started woofing for me. There are also 2 knobs on the side of the subwoofer. As far as I can tell the top one is the Freq. bypass filter, and the bottom one is a volume control. Don't know if this will solve your problem, but it took care of mine. This is assuming you have the Sony head unit and the Collens (Collins ?) subwoofer.
rowco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
We have an 2007 FB 25' with SE and LS upgrades. Did not come with a sub-woofer but wish that I had one. I do not have any connections in the over head ben next to the Sony radio. There is another TV hook up under the dinette. Sure would like to have some externial speakers from the TV so it can be heard while sitting at our dinette without having to keep the volume up. The Toshiba TV has no Audio-out jacks for additional speakers. Anyone have any suggestions? The TV does have a Coaxial Digital Audio Out jack but that can only be used with an amplifier.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #7
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
I ran connections from the TV output to the CD player input to the Sony tuner.
I then run the CD player with CD's in it. ( No Noise). Tricks the tuner into playing the TV volume on the overhead speakers.

Tom W
Wilson wired repeater with YAG.
Two big screens
15dB Backfire WiFi antenna and WaveMagnum
Centramatics.
Hawkshead Tire Monitors.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

2018 27' International
Essex Junction , Vermont
Our 27FB had same issue - subwoofer not functioning & we also had Aux not working on Clarion.... Found out that the Subwoofer and Aux wires in back of Clarion were crossed - Aux In connected to Subwoofer Out and Subwoofer Out connect to Aux In. Both connections go thru Noise Suppressors, so it was easy to mis wire if you were not careful. Works fine after we switched wires.
MattGraf58 is offline   Reply With Quote