RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-21-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Strange Tail lights on '07 25FB

Has anybody seen these type of tail lights on late model SafarIs? This is supposedly a 2007 Safari SE 25FB but the taillights do not appear to be the more rectangular LED type lights.

They look round and more "vintage" to me. Did AS every use something like this?

Thanks, SailAS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rear.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	91363  
SailAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
Yes Airstream has used them for several years. If get the LS package on the trailer you get the better lights. The trailer in your picture looks just like mine. It does not have the LS package. Hope this helps.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:07 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Yep. Thanks

I did some more searching on the Forum and did find the thread that talked about the includions in the SE and LS package.

Have you "missed" any of the LS upgardes? I'm looking at this trailer now for purchase. It does have an electric tounge hitch ( I think) and a convection oven/Microwave (I think) but not upgraded Audio video package. In fact it doe snot have a TV at all.

Any thoughts on how much difference is purchase proce should be attributed to NOT having the LS? I don't see anything in list that I would really miss but you have a much better view of it than I.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
I have not missed any of the LS upgrades. The wiring for the TV is in the wall by the fridge. I had to remove the plate where the cable comes in on the wall and stuck a wire in the wall and fished out the wires for the TV.
I mounted a 19in TV on the wall by the fridge and run the sound for the TV into the radio and now have surround sound when the TV is on.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Exactly Right

Makes sense and I talked to the wife about it. She said she did not see any "features" that she would miss (but then she would not be doing the cranking on the front jack!!!!

Really appreciate the insight as I have to drive 750 miles to look at this one.

Smooth sailing. SailAS.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:08 PM   #6
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
North/East , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailAS View Post
I did some more searching on the Forum and did find the thread that talked about the includions in the SE and LS package.

Have you "missed" any of the LS upgardes? I'm looking at this trailer now for purchase. It does have an electric tounge hitch ( I think) and a convection oven/Microwave (I think) but not upgraded Audio video package. In fact it doe snot have a TV at all.

Any thoughts on how much difference is purchase proce should be attributed to NOT having the LS? I don't see anything in list that I would really miss but you have a much better view of it than I.

Thanks
SailAS.... The LS Upgrade Package on the 2007 Safari 25'FB was $2,214.00 The package included: spare tire, 1 Fantastic Fan, No-Fuss flush black tank system, Aquajet water pump, cast aluminum taillights, electric hitch jack, 13,500 BTU A/C with heat pump, screen door guard, one touch galley faucet with seperate sprayer, 2 Airstream jackets and 2 Airstream caps.

2dabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
At some point they began including the LS features in all SE Airstreams. This was '08s for sure -- don't know but might have even been introduced for part of the '07 model year. Changes didn't always occur right at the model year transition (usually toward the end of April). And they included mandatory skylights somewhere else along the way. I've got the LS but it's not critical. Kinda glad I don't have the skylight when camping in the sun.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Sugar Land , Texas
Smile More on the Tail lights

Well I actually looked at the AS Safari SE in question and bought it. It was built in August of 06 so was at a model year "change" I guess. Althoough it is "only" an SE unit, it has all the options included in the LS package EXCEPT the tail lights. It also has the 75th Aniversary badge as well. Will post some pics when I get it back to Texas.

Very, Vey Happy "Camper" now. SailAS