RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #1

2007 23' Safari SE
Charleston , South Carolina
Refrigerator Fan Switch Location

Hi all. New to the forums and to airstreams in general. My mom owns a 2007 23' Safari SE that we are taking on first long trip to the F1 race in Austin this weekend. While checking out everything and getting stuff working I've found everything except the refrigerator fan switch. I've looked where the manual says it should be on the opposite wall but there's nothing. I know it has a fan but not sure where the switch is or if there is one. The refrigerator is working but I feel like it could be colder.

Thanks,
Matt
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Welcome to the Forums, Matt...

Our 19' has a frig fan switch near the door ... but I am pretty sure there is no such switch for the fan on a 23'... I believe it's hard-wired but goes off and on thermostatically (as does ours, but only when it's switched on).

I know some with the 23' have installed a switch for the fan inside the refrigerator rear compartment accessible from the outside the rig. Or you can simply disconnect it if it annoys you. They are notoriously noisy and annoying...we replaced ours with a quieter fan.

Have fun in Austin!
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair & PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #3

2007 23' Safari SE
Charleston , South Carolina
Thanks, I figured that might be the case. The manual says I should have one and I found a part number for a 23' white switch while searching the web. I looked inside and out with no luck.

After reading these forums I'm starting to get real paranoid about leaks.
elirentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Leaks are, of course an issue ... but with diligence, keeping an eye our for potential problems, and routine maintenance, leaks can be managed. We had one when we first got our Bambi but finally discovered an un-caulked screw below the solar panel... no more leak. So far, so good (knock on wood)...I check everything I can periodically, hand-tighten exposed plumbing fittings (under sinks, etc), and inspect exterior seals at least annually. We also store it in a "Bambi Port" which minimizes the affects of weather ... the only time it's exposed to direct sun (an issue in AZ) is when we are traveling.
AirForums #21900 . Membership Chair & PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Travel Log: AZBambi...On the Road Again
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote