Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Kennesaw , Georgia
Question New Safari 25; a few quirks...

Hey, got a new 25 FB Safari SE LS; a coupla issues/questions:

1) Took a shower and about an hour later saw trickle of water coming from left front corner of shower area (not actually in the shower) on floor of camper, right by the access panel to water pump. Water pump floor area was dry, though. Any ideas?

2) Dinette table is rickety; that is, it has a lot of play in the upper brackets that hold it in place, so when you put an elbow on the table it moves down on your side and up on the other. Adjusted the single leg with no luck.

3) Has anyone converted the dinette area into a "proper" couch, either with cushions/parts from Airstream or otherwise? It would be nice to convert it into a couch in the evenings.

Otherwise, enjoying the new camper; we had a pop-up before and this is some good living.

Thanx, Lance
TennisMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Check the QC threads. The leaky shower has been an issue for years. If yours is the same thing, it doesn't have enough or any caulk....if it's the same thing that I read on the QC threads.

As for the table, I haven't seen a totally firm one, but if yours has lots of play......
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Kennesaw , Georgia
Question

Sorry, where are the QC threads?

Lance
Old 05-10-2007, 08:54 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
NE , Indiana
Tennis Man,

Congratulations on your new AS. Lots of information here to help you remedy those little *quirks*. Not sure how to link a thread. Try a search on "2007 Model Year Quality".

Randi
AIR 7185
redeagle313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:02 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Tracy , California
The shower seems indemic with this model as well as others. I just got some bathroom sealant and went to down on all seams.

The dining table into lounge is pretty easy. We also got a large lounging pillow about 6 feet long from Costco that we keep on the bed when not using it. This covers that back of the lounge against the back wall when set up and makes it more cozy. The more pillows the better.

We too had a popup and then a hybrid. Welcome to the land of quality!
altamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 04:55 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMan
Sorry, where are the QC threads?

Lance
Get some big eyes and look over the bottom of the shower door real good you will find some small gaps which let the water leak, seal. Reglue the floor covering then use some caulk to seal the edges.

Use the search function for QC and other questions it will point you in the right direction.

The wife and I love our 25 just the right size for our needs.

Good Luck Jim
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:20 AM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Here is a link to the 2008 model year QC thread. This thread also has links to 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f142...ity-31210.html

The shower issue is well documented throughout most of the threads.

It's a lot of reading, so give yourself some time.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:00 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
On the dinette table, I suspect that you don't have the brackets on the wall properly engaged. It is very easy to only get one hooked, which will make the table unstable. When both are properly engaged, the table is very stable.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Kennesaw , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle
On the dinette table, I suspect that you don't have the brackets on the wall properly engaged. It is very easy to only get one hooked, which will make the table unstable. When both are properly engaged, the table is very stable.
Do you mean upper or lower brackets? There is a lot of play in the upper brackets where the tab of the table slides into the slot of the bracket.

The lower (under table) brackets that the wire-rod-like support sits in is not very snug; the rod can easily move up and down in the support.

Lance
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #10
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisMan
Do you mean upper or lower brackets? There is a lot of play in the upper brackets where the tab of the table slides into the slot of the bracket.

The lower (under table) brackets that the wire-rod-like support sits in is not very snug; the rod can easily move up and down in the support.

Lance
The upper brackets should be quite tight. Perhaps the lower brackets are not properly located and are not forcing the table all the way up. I suggest looking at another unit with a dinette, to see what is different. Your problem is NOT normal.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #11
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Welcome to the forums TinnisMan. I used to play on and ALTA team in the Marietta area. You should plan on joining us for the Fall Forum Rally in Hiawassee at Lake Chatuge. The thread with the information is at: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ins-32035.html in case you hadn't come across it yet. There are lots of good folks, good food, and good music. You'll see everything from 1950's models to brand new ones and lots of variations in between. But you'd better make a reservation soon, the sites are going fast.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 02:49 PM   #12

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
The leaks in the shower come from the door area. Usually the left and right corner where the vertical edge of the door frame meets the horizontal piece. The other place is the inside lip of the bottom door frame. The lip extends over the shower enclosure and my dealer noted that splashing water on the floor gets up under that lip where there is insufficient caulking to seal the lip against the inside of the shower enclosure.

I can tell you that this is a bear to fix. I remember my 2001 Safari was never fixed completely. I'd always find a drop or two of water running down the wood just below the frame in the left corner. I had my dealer work on it 3 times and once at Jackson Center. It might stop for a while but it always seemed to come back.

My 2004 Classic took 2 trips back to the dealer before they got it sealed. Same bottom left corner same problem.

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
table

My table and every table I've seen in the 25 FB has about a 1/2 inch deflection due to the single leg system at the front of the table and the bracket design at the rear. Not a biggee for us though.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
2005 22' Interstate
Afton , Virginia
The dinette on our Interstate rattled around because of the fittings. I took a wine cork, cut some little slices out of it, and used airplane cement to glue them to the wall such that they made the table snug when it was set as a table. When we use it as a bed, no problem...
Hope this kludge helps.
herrgirdner is offline   Reply With Quote