RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 02-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 20' Flying Cloud
it depends , changes frequently
awning room?

I'd love to give my 07 20' Safari the extra space of an awning room, but I haven't been able to find anyone that makes them for zip-dee, or airstream, for that matter. Can anybody point me in the right direction? thanks!
silversnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversnail
I'd love to give my 07 20' Safari the extra space of an awning room, but I haven't been able to find anyone that makes them for zip-dee, or airstream, for that matter. Can anybody point me in the right direction? thanks!
Hi Snail,

Zip-Dee makes their own 'Tropic Room' starting at 11'. Measure your awning, but IIRC it is 10 feet.....just a foot short of their smallest room.

Let me know ifr you are interested in having one custom cut and I'll contact Zip-Dee (I'm a dealer/installer) to see if they will make one to fit your awning and get you the details.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
_

. , .
Quote:
...Can anybody point me in the right direction? thanks!
the links and pictures are here...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f442...ing-37497.html

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:31 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
We too, are a Zip Dee dealer.

To have a custom size Tropic-Room made can be done, but there are a couple of problems involved.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
We had a screen room for both of the tent trailers that we've had. The screen rooms are a little bit of a hassle to install each time but we did enjoy them especially when we were camping for several days at a time....and when the whole family is with you. I do believe the rooms we had were from Care Free as was the awning.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:36 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

2008 31' Classic
Sweet Valley , Pennsylvania
Zip Dee will sell them direct to the customer if you want to install yourself but you need to take some mesurements. They have a form they will e-mail or fax you. There is drilling involved once you get the tropic room in order to place the snaps. You can also get a skirt for the AS.
TROPHYJIM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Safari SE
La Center , Washington
Like you, I was thinking that a screen for the awning would be a nice upgrade. I talked with the Zip Dee company, who calls this a "tropic room." It's spendy ($1200 and up for my 19 foot trailer). I then looked at a number of threads on this board that described problems related to setup and takedown, in particular the fact that most people don't leave their awnings out when they go away, and having a tropic room made the coming and going a lot more time consuming.

It seems like those in the know get a separate screen room tent.
longdog is offline   Reply With Quote