Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Knowledgebase > Airstream Trailer Forums > Safari > 2007 Safari SE
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Adding fixtures to the 07 SE

Has anyone added or replaced towel bars in the bathroom, or know what brand A/S uses in the later model Safaris? We've added hooks, but really need another bar.
Thanks,
Janet
janetb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by janetb
Has anyone added or replaced towel bars in the bathroom, or know what brand A/S uses in the later model Safaris? We've added hooks, but really need another bar.
Thanks,
Janet
Hi Janet,

I added a few towel hooks on the bathroom door in my '06 CCD and found the doors to be hollow and not capable or carrying much weight....unless you use a standard hollow wall anchor like a molly or plastic insert. The formica seems to be covering a particle board or OSB type of manufactured 'wood' so be real careful there also. Use screws with a very wide, aggressive thread that you might find labeled for plastic.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thank you, Lew. That's a very good head's up. Will redo the screws on the door hook and be very cautious with mounting a towel rack--if we ever find one.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2005 22' International CCD
Phoenix , Arizona
Outside of the box, er bathroom

I've always had a problem getting towels dry, but think we've found a good solution in our 22' CCD.
We have mounted long metal bars above the upper cabinet doors. We couldn't find towel bars that were long enough, so used fixtures that were designed for hanging kitchen utensils or pots. We are able to hang up at least four large bath towels at a time without doubling them up. The plan is to hang the towels for drying when we leave the trailer for outside activities during the day. When dry, the towels are folded, and the bars look really nice, decorative even.
Bandit #14576 (WDCU/AIR)

https://www.RWChatelain-Woodturner.com
BDandTTs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 08:29 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2006 30' Classic
Farmington , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDandTTs
I've always had a problem getting towels dry, but think we've found a good solution in our 22' CCD.
We have mounted long metal bars above the upper cabinet doors. We couldn't find towel bars that were long enough, so used fixtures that were designed for hanging kitchen utensils or pots. We are able to hang up at least four large bath towels at a time without doubling them up. The plan is to hang the towels for drying when we leave the trailer for outside activities during the day. When dry, the towels are folded, and the bars look really nice, decorative even.
For hanging up towels we have used spring loaded curtain rods in the shower. heeps all the wet stuff in there out of site until they dry.--pieman
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
Antiquepedaler

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Laramie , Wyoming
We've mounted a half dozen hooks in various places. Per the factory, all walls are 1/2 inch thick so we make sure to cut mounting screws so they won't penetrate the far side of the wall. We wouldn't try screwing anything to the hollow core doors.
Old 01-22-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Santa Cruz , California
Thanks for the many good suggestions. We'll avoid putting anything on the doors (thought that was a done deal but caught it in time) and I like the idea of temporarty rods in the shower so towels dry out of sight. We've already mounted a TV in the usual spot (wall next to refrig.) so are familiar with wall depth--and the need to avoid hidden treasures! The people in this forum are always so helpful--and creative!
Old 01-22-2007, 11:08 AM   #8

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We tried to match the towel bar in our '05 Safari 25', but were unable to, even through Airstream. What we ended up doing was buying a set of brushed stainless at Wal-Mart for $16.00. The set included a 24" towel bar, towel ring, toilet paper holder, and robe hook. We installed the all but the robe hook on the walls. We installed the robe hook on the bathroom door. We drilled very small holes in the walls and door, and attached the hardware using the screws that came with the set. We have used all of these fixtures extensively and they are functioning well. They look good with the original towel bar, and the price was really good.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:59 PM   #9
Lyle V

2005 28' Safari
Tullahoma , Tennessee
We used an over the door hanger (bathroom door) with multiple towel bars hanging down on our 28' Safari, problem is I don't know where my wife found them. I think they were in a catalog. (I'd ask her, but we're only speaking thru our lawyers).
The hangers hold 4 full size bath towels & hand towels.
I also mounted a round towel holder on the bathroom wall on the dinette side.
AS said that wall was 1.5 inches thick to mount my LCD TV on the other side. turned out it was like 3/8". I used a piece of decorative oak to mount towel ring & anchor TV wall mount. works fine! after 7500 miles of travels.
Lyle
Lyle V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
PackTowl

It always seems that terry towels, like denim jeans, are slow to dry. I have posted on the advantages of PackTowls. One for the body & one for the face/hair and I can travel forever. They are synthetic, dry much easier than cotton, you can wash & wring them out to use immediately -- all sorts of benefits. They have a loop that will let them dry on your awning strut or over the showerhead. Susie still prefers terry though I don't know why...

Search here on the forums for mentions of PackTowl. Or look at Campmor or REI. This is a great product holdover from my backpacking & canoe camping days -- when sleeping on the ground was actually relatively comfortable.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote