RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 04-23-2007, 10:43 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2006 28' Safari SE
Columbus , Ohio
We originally had the 22' Internaional, not the CCD but the Safari floorplan with the front corner bed and the big kitchen. We now have a 28 SE. It is unbelievable how much difference six feet makes in "living" room.

Full queen size bed w/ walk around space, no more wet bath, bigger dinette, bigger refrigerator and a big couch. Also the dinette and couch make up to more comfortable sleeping quarters that the cramped bed in the 22' dinette. The wheel wells in the 22' under the dinette took up a lot of room.

Wouldn't go back to smaller now. To coin a well used phrase, "Bigger is Better!"

Corky
Cstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:03 PM   #22

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
To us the sigle garbage pail sink in the 27FB is the feature that kept us from buying one. We like the doulble sink in our 25FB.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Lady Lake , Florida
25' twins!! Having had both a 27' with twins and a 23', the twins were best for us.
starflyte1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:00 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2002 19' Bambi
Northwestern Ontario , - on the backside of the map and just above the big green spot
Lots of opinions.

For us - we have no desire to upsize to a larger trailer. The 19' Bambi is certainly not perfect - but it sure is in the ball park. It's strength is its versatility - we do not frequent RV parking lots but seek the back sites of national, provincial and state parks - and the Bambi will get us in most of them. This is why we bought it - and love it.

Sleeping quarters is one of the less than perfect challenges.

We use our unit for a lot of short trips - and one extended quest each year.

Two people in a 48" bed is OK for a weekend - can be tolerated for a week - but a 6 week trip is pushing the limits of known human endurance.

You need to know that my wife and I are devoted to each other ..... but .... turning over on a dime is not a God given talent - it takes practice, patience, perserverance and ultimately a high threshold for emotional pain ....

... as this is being typed - a bunk is being built ..... what can I say ..... after 34 years the honey moon needs a little space.

To be serious - rationalizing the comfort level of a 48" bed (for two people) as anything more than "OK" is a stretch - and the longer the trip - the bigger the stretch.

Jay

"I'm not young enough to know everything ....."
(Oscar Wilde)
RangerJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerJay
Lots of opinions.

For us - we have no desire to upsize to a larger trailer. The 19' Bambi is certainly not perfect - but it sure is in the ball park. It's strength is its versatility - we do not frequent RV parking lots but seek the back sites of national, provincial and state parks - and the Bambi will get us in most of them. This is why we bought it - and love it.

Sleeping quarters is one of the less than perfect challenges.

We use our unit for a lot of short trips - and one extended quest each year.

Two people in a 48" bed is OK for a weekend - can be tolerated for a week - but a 6 week trip is pushing the limits of known human endurance.

You need to know that my wife and I are devoted to each other ..... but .... turning over on a dime is not a God given talent - it takes practice, patience, perserverance and ultimately a high threshold for emotional pain ....

... as this is being typed - a bunk is being built ..... what can I say ..... after 34 years the honey moon needs a little space.

To be serious - rationalizing the comfort level of a 48" bed (for two people) as anything more than "OK" is a stretch - and the longer the trip - the bigger the stretch.

Jay
Instead of the bunk we just took turns between the bed and the dinnette. Both are just fine for one person.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:43 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 20' Globetrotter
Sauquoit , New York
Many good suggestions an ideas. We visited a couple when were were shopping. The ONE thing they would never do again in an Airstream was the bed to the wall. They struggled and disliked this for years. The purchased one with a different arrangment.

This means (as others have said) you need to go to the end of the bed...or "go over" the person sleeping next to you.

And then...a smaller issue...when you are making bed, changing sheets etc.
it is a problem to make bed covering changes. We purchased a Globetrotter that has two Gouches sp? opening into 2 standard beds. Comfortable..sit by day sleep by night.
Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Scurry , Texas
We went with the 27 FB. Oddly enough we've spent the past 9 weeks sleeping on the queen bed mattress from the Airstream...but on the floor of our living room. Our "baby" - Sadie - a 7 yr old black lab, had knee surgery 9 weeks ago and to keep her from wanting to move around the house and jump up on the beds, etc., we've been "camping out" in the living room during her recovery, keeping her company. What I can tell you from this experience is that the queen mattress Airstream is putting in the 27FB is a Very comfortable, high quality mattress. I'm a 6 foot 220 pounder and my wife (5'2" 105 Lbs) and I have slept very comfortably on this mattress. One more week to go on the living room floor then it's back to the bedroom and the mattress goes back into the Safari.