Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wellington , Nevada
Who's done their Airstream with their custom style interior? ANY PICS

I am in the market for am Airstream and was kind of looking for one thats gutted or that I can gut that really ant be done back to original due to the items missing, ect. I am torn in doing one original or one custom or hey WHY NOT JUST ONE OF EACH.

In any case I am looking at this one http://www.airforums.com/forums/f48/...ics-39945.html

which is gutted but does have a redone shower and sink.

I do my own body and paint work and also some carpentry. I have in my home a 40s/ 50s style room with a old school bar in it like a diner. Complete with 50s juke box, old gas pumps, 40s WWII soda fountain and a seated bar with black and white style tyle and glass block with NEON.

I was considering finding a gutter airstream to do some theme depending on what era trailer I found and whats missing.

I was wondering if any here has done their airstreams custom because the inners were missing ect?

If so, what did you do? Something modern or something old. And how many redid their airstream back to original. I imagine like older cars this is best but at times wayyyyy to expensive and hard to do or afford depending on whats missing.

LAWFISH/ DAVE.

Home Page
LAWFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 31' Sovereign
Rockport , Texas
We gutted our kitchen, living room, and bathroom. The kitchen is going well, put in a stainless steel prep table instead of the old rickety cabinet, new micro and cooktop. The living room was a breeze, put in a sofa-bed. The bathroom is the real booger. Brenden made a shower pan, but not quite sure how to finish it off. Thinking of some kind of vinyl sheet to cover pipes... I'm not sure I would do this again, but it had to be done due to rotting in the floor and the cabinet in the shower. Replacing the shower area has been the hardest part. Our original shower itself was in fine condition but there was too much wasted space, and we wanted every inch. We are somewhere in the 1/2 modern 1/2 original area, if that helps.

a few older pics on here. we haven't updated in a while, sorry
Flickr: S&B's Airstream's Photostream
BakedTaters is offline   Reply With Quote