Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2019, 09:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Upholstery: Timeless, Retro, Dated or Ugly.

Well, I have reached the point where I want to replace the cushions, or at least the upholstery in my '69. I am in the process of picking out colors and designs. I'd like something that is clean and modern, but timeless.

Interior design is such a matter of personal taste, but there are some uphostery choices out there that make you wonder, "what were they thinking!" Like what was put in my trailer 50 years ago. Ok, its not quite THAT bad, but it's defiantly got that Grandma vibe going. No, on second thought, the paisley, floral thing in a color that clashes with everything else inside IS that bad.

So, for fun, I am categorizing upholstery designs in four basic categories: Timeless, Retro, Dated and Ugly. Post some examples here for grins of what you hate, what you love to hate, and what you love and help guide me to making the world, or at least my trailer, a more beautiful place!

To start, let me offer examples of each category, from my humble perspective:

Timeless:

Retro:

Dated: (note, every SOB trailer made in the 70s-90s had this very one, I think. Maybe it was a law or something.)

and everyone's favorite category, Ugly:

(someone is going to love this one and hate me for hating it)
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:22 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Fort Smith , Arkansas
As someone currently restoring as to as original condition as possible a 1970 Land Yacht of course I say the latter floral. Haha.

I would say fit the decor to what the rest is. If modernizing the whole then the decor should match IMHO.
OliviaandSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
The last one would be a fine pillow or accent piece, not for the entire decor though

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote