Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2004, 08:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Twin Size Size

What size are your twin size beds? The 59 overlander is 85" wide so 34 inches doesn't leave much room, but I fear narrower will be uncomfortable. Anyone have an older twin?
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:23 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Someone out there has to have older twins and a tape measure.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:29 AM   #3
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
Someone out there has to have older twins and a tape measure.
Yeah, but they're in the storage locker while I refurbish. I was trying to get there yesterday but had a traffic problem. Will try again tomorrow.

Good intentions.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Talking

Twin sizes in RV's vary greatly in dimensions. Here are some of them, the sizes in black are the most common:

28" x 74"/80"
30" x 75"/80"

32"/33"/34" x 75"/80"
34" x 84"
36" x 75"/80"
38" x 75"/80/84"
42" x 72"

I know this because I own an RV replacement mattress business. Last season,
of the first 10 orders for twin mattresses we took, we had 8 different sizes!
Enjoy!
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 11:53 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Elgin , Texas
Bob, what's the name of your company? I will be looking to purchase an RV queen within the next two months, and would love to bring you my business.

bake315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:18 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Corpus Christi , Texas
Hi Dave, the name of our company is Plush RV. Sorry, but we don't have a website as yet. Ours is a seasonal business we run from November 1st thru March 1st in Quartzsite, Az. at the Rice Ranch vendor area (space A43). We have our mattresses made at a plant in Phoenix and in my opinion, they are the best available for RV's anywhere at any price. The manufacturer has been in the Phoenix area for nearly 40 years. We took their most popular residential lines and adapted them to the unique requirements of rv's. Of course, we could sell you one if you plan to visit Quartzsite this winter, the next best thing we could do is have one shipped to you.

Our lowest priced mattress is actually a mid-range mattress called Orthopedic Award and has the standard innerspring with 3.5" of urethane foam of varying densities and layer thicknesses on top. The Ortho-Award is a no flip design and comes in a tight top design or in a pillow top design depending on your preference. It retails for $339 plus shipping.

Our, most popular model is the Ultra Classic which is our top of the line inner spring.It comes with a premium grade innerspring and 4.5" of urethane foam (made up of multiple layers of different densities of foam) on the sleeping surface. It is available in tight top or pillow top design and retails for $479. This is the model we sleep on in our Excella 25.

We also have the Latex Supreme model which features a latex foam core by Latex International. it is a premium level mattress and is the ultimate in consitency, comfort and durability. They are flippable, but since they have no innerspring, they are awkward to handle and they are pretty heavy. A short queen. mattress only, weights about 120 lbs. The Latex Supreme retails for $999. This is the mattress we sleep on at home and it sleeps great!

Our most expensive model is the Perfect Memory. It is a viscous or memory foam model. It is sometimes called NASA Foam or Tempur-pedic foam. It features a urethane reflex foam core and a 5# density convoluted urethane memory foam top thats 3.5" thick. It comes with a premium cotton/poly blend quilted ticking. People who have Tempur-pedic mattresses and like them really love this model. It retails for $1149.

The prices given are for mattress only in short queen (60x75) or standard queen (60x80) sizes.
I have pictures I can email you, just send your email address to : thombiz@yahoo.com .
Bob Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote