Well, prior to attacking the painting I did accomplish some things that were somewhat fun.
I reupholstered the front gaucho. I found some nice bed-covers on sale at K-mart a few months ago. They're tan, faux-suade and kind of quilted in a square pattern. I cut them for the upholstry. The gauch sides (arm rests) came out very easy and the fabric easily attached as original - staples. I ended up pulling the upper portion of the seat out of the original cover. Essentially splitting the upper and lower portion of the seat. Much easier to maneuver. I covered the top and bottom in a slip-cover fashion, with velcro closure, so that I can wash from time-to-time. It looks nice and I really like that the seat is in two pieces now!!! If anyone wants the original upholstry --- it's intact, under the faux-suade.
I then worked on the side gaucho. Again, found a nice quilt on sale to use as fabric --- a king size white (yes, white) cotton duvet. Modern stitching. I cut a piece off to wrap the back cushion - again, slip cover style with velcro. Then I finished the remaining cover and it is about the size of a large twin. It fits nicely on the gaucho, dressed as a bed.
Then I re-screened the windows. I wanted to fix some of the fuzzies and the weatherstripping - but I forgot to order them in time for work this week. It'll have to wait for a month or so now......
I found some vinyl sheet flooring that I really like - Armstrong Natural Weave. I think it looks like 8x8 burlap tiles that are laid randomly. I worry about the difficulty cutting and laying sheet vinyl though.... and it's about $2.50/sq ft. A little more pricey than I intended - that is, if I do a straight run to avoid a seam. I'll give this more thought over the next few weeks. I think sheet vinyl is a good choice for me, especially with dogs who bring in mud (and are messy eaters/drinkers). Speaking of drink.... time for a beer. It's been a long day of painting - arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr