Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2006, 06:38 AM   #1

2004 30' Classic
alexandria , Virginia
Angry Sheets for 30 foot Clasic

Does anyone know where to get fitted sheets for the30 foot Clasic. The mattress is cut square on the ends and I can't get sheets to fit??
kbraunusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Hi kbraunusa,,,, while searching for sheets for my Bambi, which has a very odd shaped mattress,, i came across at Linens and Things some stretch jersey knit sheets which will conform to about anything,,, otherwise,, the Airstream store,, or camping world,,, good luck,,, d
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2003 25' Safari
Kissimmee , Florida
I saw an ad in Airstream Life for custom-made sheets specifically for the odd shaped mattresses in Airstreams.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I use standard queen sized sheets for my 06 Classic 31. They are a little loose but they work.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

1983 30' Airstream 300
Plantersville , Texas
great sheets

Domestications on internet has a great sheet (Sleepy Tees). It comes in asst sizes and colors. It has good strech ability and is soft and comfortable. I needed an extra long twin and searched a lot and bought some cheaper ones that were not of the quality that I found at Domestications. They have a great flannel sheet also. If a sheet is too big you can take a piece of elastic and gather the excess at the lower corners and pin elastic to the side and bottom area to make it fit smooth. tuck excess under matress I also use elastic and safety pins to secure the end of the top sheet to the bottom sheet and it stays on the bed and doesnt pull out exposing feet to cold air.

Kay
carnegie1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Look in Linens and things for "Sheet Garters" - they will snug up a loose sheet very easily.

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:35 PM   #7
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbraunusa
Does anyone know where to get fitted sheets for the30 foot Clasic. The mattress is cut square on the ends and I can't get sheets to fit??
hi kbraunusa and welcome to the forums.....

got the 'rv queen' mattress?

many vendors carry 'rv queen sheets' which are basically 6inches shorter than standard queens....

i use standard queens and
like many others put a 'topper' over the mattress anyway,
so the extra sheet size gets eaten up by the topper.

i've seen clothes pins used under the corners....
sheet garters......
regular old mens suspenders......
mattress clips that hold the sheets to the piping along the edges..
sheet gromets at the corners...

over time i've come to enjoy looser sheets
but i don't make the bed up every day either

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 12:48 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Idea

Instead of using a bottom fitted sheet. Use two queen flat sheets and fold the corners tight on the bottom sheet.. plenty of extra material to tuck in with the bed being 6 inches shorter. The RV sheets are not very soft. 50% poly 50% cotton. You can buy really nice 400-500 count queen flat sheets on eBay or TJ Maxx or any discount place for a fraction of what the RV places want for their "special" sheets. Hey its camping why not have sateen sheets, after all it’s an Airstream.
AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote