Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2003, 04:20 PM   #1

Removing Curtains

Help!
I need to wash the curtains but I can't find an end to the tracks in the living room area. I removed the curtains above the twin beds and washed them. They turned out great. The dealership suggested that I wash on the gentle cycle and only dry briefly, then put them back up while they were damp. (This was good advice!) I have a 73-Sovereign. J
Old 02-23-2003, 05:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
Janice,
Welcome. They might be continuous and have plastic valance end caps. Remove the plastic ends and there should be a screw to remove to let the drapes slide off the rail/tracks. Randy
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 02:46 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Did you have any problem with the curtain pleats or did theyy hold the pleaste well after washing?
Steve Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 06:19 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Janice - I just washed all the curtains in my '87 model - in the living room, there is a little beige plastic cap at the end of the lower rails - you have to use an 1/8" drill bit to remove the pop rivet that holds it to the track.

My experience is the same as yours - I used the gentle cycle (although I did throw in a splash of bleach - maybe 1/2 cup) and dried them on the delicate cycle, taking them out while slightly damp - they turned out great. The pleats did fine and once they were stretched out between the upper and lower tracks the pleats were just as crisp as ever.

One additional thing I did was to give each track a little spray with some silicone lubricant, working it into the track with a Q-Tip and wiping off any excess - now the drapes slide like they should - they used to drag and catch as you slid them along.
HP9K is offline   Reply With Quote