Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2016, 04:20 PM   #1
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
New Recliner and Dinette Table

Finally have my project, to remove the dinette and seating (curbside) and replace it with a recliner and a small custom made table that is smaller and also folds out of the way, almost completed. I still have some work to do on the table support leg.

Thanks to the inspiration of Russ and Linda (Luckyducks) and Doug and Cheryl (dkottum) and their projects to make their seating a little more comfortable, I was able to muddle my way through to this project.

And I could not have done it without the help from Tom Montgomery (alumitator). He provided me with dimensions, pictures and drawings, plus sources for the table top. Thanks so much Tom!

And, of course, the input of many members of the forum, too many to mention specifically, who provided their individual contributions.

It seems like it has taken all summer to complete because of finding a wet floor (and repairing the plywood) which led to sealing the backend of the trailer and then replacing the entire floor before getting back to my original goal.

We are hitting the road this week so we will see how everything works out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1786.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	321.2 KB
ID:	269256   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1788.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	367.1 KB
ID:	269257  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1790.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	269258  
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Very nice Hans, cozy living and dining space. Enjoy.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:33 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2010 27' FB International
Deforest , Wisconsin
Looks Great!!! Nicely done.
RxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:55 AM   #4
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
Very nice Hans, cozy living and dining space. Enjoy.
My dear wife would prefer the redesign you guys did with two recliners. But with a 25FB model removing the street side seating means having to relocate the furnace. That was more of a project than I am able to tackle.

IIRC you had your remodel done at JC. As I mentioned, your project was an inspiration to make the changes I did. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2016, 07:12 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Looking good. I have the same recliner waiting in the wings with matched Ultraleather. A&P will be doing the work for us. I'm having second thoughts about a custom table built vs just reworking the existing hickory table in our Classic. We are currently in Glacier National Park and the table always has some stuff on it; iPads, computer, salt and pepper, paper towel holder etc so I doubt if I would ever fold down the table according to this past two weeks on the road.

Kelvin
Old 08-17-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Snoqualmie , Washington
Hans, we are alsolooking at a mod - and it would include a table like you have. Do you have any measurements / drawings for the table, and if so, could you email them (anders79@comcast.net). Like your mod!
Anders79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:07 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
I see you purchased the Lambright recliner and I am wondering if you just ordered one or did you go to a store or the manufacturer in Indiana to pick it up. We are considering ordering them but wondered if it is wise to buy without trying it out first? And very nice looking remodel too!
Thanks,
Debi
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:13 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2007 28' Safari SE
Anchorage , Alaska
Love the recliner

Can you tell us the brand of your recliner. We've been looking for something similar, and it looks like the right size for trailer life.
kcbwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:36 PM   #9
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by okiedebi View Post
I see you purchased the Lambright recliner and I am wondering if you just ordered one or did you go to a store or the manufacturer in Indiana to pick it up. We are considering ordering them but wondered if it is wise to buy without trying it out first? And very nice looking remodel too!
Thanks,
Debi
I ordered it directly from Lambright and I spoke directly with Vernon Lambright. The phone number is (260) 768-4820. They do not have email or a website but they are great to deal with. It was shipped directly to my house which cost about $150. I specified the material, Ultraleather, and the color.

I'm about 5'10" and weigh 195 pounds and it fits me nicely. It's not as big as a standard recliner, of course, but it fits the space nicely and is certainly more comfortable than the dinette seating that was there. We are leaving tomorrow on a 10 day trip and I'll more experience with it after the trip.

And thanks for the complement. If I can help in anyway just let me know and I'll try my best!
Old 08-17-2016, 03:40 PM   #10
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbwil View Post
Can you tell us the brand of your recliner. We've been looking for something similar, and it looks like the right size for trailer life.
In answer to your question please see my previous post. I see you are in Alaska which may add a considerable amount to the shipping cost. But they would most likely ship there as mine came by FEDEX.

It is the "right" size for a travel trailer.
Old 08-17-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders79 View Post
Hans, we are alsolooking at a mod - and it would include a table like you have. Do you have any measurements / drawings for the table, and if so, could you email them (anders79@comcast.net). Like your mod!
Yes I would be glad to share what I have. We will be traveling all day tomorrow and I'm not sure when we will have internet capabilities but when I can I'll send an email to you.

Thanks! It was a lot of work but it came out better than I expected!
Old 08-18-2016, 05:48 PM   #12
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Texas
for kcbwil, I have also been looking online for these recliners and you can go to this website and see the recliners and all the options and colors, etc. They sent me color swatches of the ultraleather also. Lambright recliner
The store is Bradd and Hall and they sell quality RV furniture. The pricing is about the same as buying from Lambright. If we buy, we will call Vernon back directly and order from them. I like being able to order from the man who builds it!
okiedebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 05:23 PM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Glen Burnie , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
Yes I would be glad to share what I have. We will be traveling all day tomorrow and I'm not sure when we will have internet capabilities but when I can I'll send an email to you.

Thanks! It was a lot of work but it came out better than I expected!
This is perfect! I just installed a Lambright recliner in my 25' FB and want to build and install a table very similar to yours. I thought about a free standing drop leaf folding table, but then you have to store it somewhere when underway...

If you could PM me the plans you drew up for the table I'd be eternally grateful!
Powerarrangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #14
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerarrangr View Post
This is perfect! I just installed a Lambright recliner in my 25' FB and want to build and install a table very similar to yours. I thought about a free standing drop leaf folding table, but then you have to store it somewhere when underway...

If you could PM me the plans you drew up for the table I'd be eternally grateful!
I sent you a PM.
Old 09-20-2020, 07:25 AM   #15
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to add our new addition. This is a 2020 28' FC, our 5th AS. We opted for this size for a number of reasons, and knew that we would do this conversion after carefully checking everything out, all options and calling and talking to Vernon at Lambright Chairs as well as Ben. GREAT people to work with. Everything on the order was delayed due to the virus and Felxsteel dropping out of RV furniture. But, I could not or rather did not want to move the Hot Water Heater, the Inverter or the Amp, so I decided to keep that portion of the factory provided front end and removed everything else. It's a bit tight, but the zero clearance chairs which also swival and electrically recline worked out just as we had hoped. The 28' has a dinette which my wife wanted as three of our previous trailers were all 30' and had it. I've made other changes to the new trailer, but this has been the big one so far. A perfect match on colors as well - again thanks to Vernon at Lambright. We did loose storage and an extra bed, but we don't travel with much stuff, sure, and we never have had and never intend to have anyone sleep with us. On the left side, street side, in both pictures you can see the bench that has under it the hot water heater etc. Behind this I built a enclosure and a small color matched "box" to cover the DC power housing. Mainly to keep one of our nosey Labradors out of this electrical stuff. All needed due to a back fractured in three places while in the military a LONG time ago and in recent years started to act up a bit, so the factory seating simply does not work and we knew it would not.
Attached Images

Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:31 AM   #16
Site Team

2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but wanted to add our new addition. This is a 2020 28' FC, our 5th AS. We opted for this size for a number of reasons, and knew that we would do this conversion after carefully checking everything out, all options and calling and talking to Vernon at Lambright Chairs as well as Ben. GREAT people to work with. Everything on the order was delayed due to the virus and Felxsteel dropping out of RV furniture. But, I could not or rather did not want to move the Hot Water Heater, the Inverter or the Amp, so I decided to keep that portion of the factory provided front end and removed everything else. It's a bit tight, but the zero clearance chairs which also swival and electrically recline worked out just as we had hoped. The 28' has a dinette which my wife wanted as three of our previous trailers were all 30' and had it. I've made other changes to the new trailer, but this has been the big one so far. A perfect match on colors as well - again thanks to Vernon at Lambright. We did loose storage and an extra bed, but we don't travel with much stuff, sure, and we never have had and never intend to have anyone sleep with us. On the left side, street side, in both pictures you can see the bench that has under it the hot water heater etc. Behind this I built a enclosure and a small color matched "box" to cover the DC power housing. Mainly to keep one of our nosey Labradors out of this electrical stuff. All needed due to a back fractured in three places while in the military a LONG time ago and in recent years started to act up a bit, so the factory seating simply does not work and we knew it would not.
Very nice. Well done!
Old 09-21-2020, 03:06 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Thank You Hans627. And I appreciate your posts on buying direct from Lambright I was going to go thru a retailer in IN, but found Lambright to be easier to work with. Chairs finished on Wed of last week and delivered on Friday, can't ask for much more.

Be Well

Bud
Volunteer K9 Rehabilitator & Trainer
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote