Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2008, 11:47 PM   #41
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Interior themes

Hi, we originally wanted a French theme for our trailer; And after three years we finally decorated our trailer to have that French theme, but we decided to make the bedroom Asian.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 429 (Large).jpg
Views:	134
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	61855   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 430 (Large).jpg
Views:	145
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	61856  

Name:	My Picture CD 424 (Large).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	61857   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 423 (Large).jpg
Views:	148
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	61858  

Name:	My Picture CD 418 (Large).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	61859   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 420 (Large).jpg
Views:	156
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	61860  

Name:	My Picture CD 421 (Large).jpg
Views:	101
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	61861   Click image for larger version

Name:	My Picture CD 422 (Large).jpg
Views:	154
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	61862  

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:22 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Bob...how fun! It's wonderful how everyone claims their Airstream space for themselves...I really like your curtains to the bedroom...the best of both worlds! (The bed "area" in the Bambi can't really be called another room...so ours is all one theme..) Help us all if we ever aquire an AS with more space!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:43 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
London , England
Reworked interior

Thought somebody might want to see a slightly more radiacal approach on our 1978 Tradewind. We worked a long time on what to keep and what to change but gradually we felt that the old stuff would look worse against the new and old appliances would probably need replacing soon anyway. We set up a little computer model to try out colours and materials.

Pretty soon we started to realise that one of the problems was that we were trying to get partitions with vertical lines to work with the beautiful Airstream shape. We also wanted to see most of the outside shape when we were inside and avoid disguising it with lockers and cupboards. We introduced curves to the partitions (10ft8inch radius).

When we removed the old stuff we were so amazed by the feeling of space we decided not to put back any high level storage. The results have impressed a lot of people, even people with new Airstreams. Everybody thinks it's bigger until we point out that the outside is smaller than theirs!

Other features are colours from the 60s and 70s and a realisation that the first thing people see is our kitchen sink so it needed to be a bold feature. It looks good at night.

Last year we toured round France and this summer it is going to the North West of Scotland where sunsets over the North Atlantic happen at 11pm!
ianrjam
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0035.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	62129   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0123 1.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	62130  

ianrjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #44
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
Fort Meade Md. RV park slot 8!! , Motorsports Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TheBigRedTruck
Ianrjam,
What the HAAAAIL!!!! I'm In love, That's what I have been dreaming of doing!!!! Could you post more photo's of the inside???? DIMMER
Old 06-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
I really like the openness of this AS. Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrjam View Post
Thought somebody might want to see a slightly more radiacal approach on our 1978 Tradewind. We worked a long time on what to keep and what to change but gradually we felt that the old stuff would look worse against the new and old appliances would probably need replacing soon anyway. We set up a little computer model to try out colours and materials.

Pretty soon we started to realise that one of the problems was that we were trying to get partitions with vertical lines to work with the beautiful Airstream shape. We also wanted to see most of the outside shape when we were inside and avoid disguising it with lockers and cupboards. We introduced curves to the partitions (10ft8inch radius).

When we removed the old stuff we were so amazed by the feeling of space we decided not to put back any high level storage. The results have impressed a lot of people, even people with new Airstreams. Everybody thinks it's bigger until we point out that the outside is smaller than theirs!

Other features are colours from the 60s and 70s and a realisation that the first thing people see is our kitchen sink so it needed to be a bold feature. It looks good at night.

Last year we toured round France and this summer it is going to the North West of Scotland where sunsets over the North Atlantic happen at 11pm!
ianrjam
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
Thumbs up

I really like this theme! I'm a cowgirl so this is to my liking. Nice accessories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
For now I have been toying with a camping/woodsie theme, considering darker more contrasty colors for the winter months. I would love some leather tooled accent pillows. Don't mind the basket of dead flowers too much...they used to be alive. Well perhaps appropriate at this stage in the season anyhow, it is mimicking nature. A little shuffle of housewares to make it more personal. Perhaps curtains and slip covers will come in time.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 AM   #47
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrjam View Post

ianrjam
I love it, great job!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Very, very nice! Congratulations!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #49
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I just went through all these postings and was very impressed with the quality craftsmanship. Mine will have some new shades, covers, drapes and colors, but we are not doing much to the layout. My goal is to post the pics in a couple of weeks. We are a couple of weeks from being finished for this years change over.

I think it is time for you artists to do a show called Trick out that airstream. Take a old airstream and trick it out like they do with cars and choppers. How cool would that be? Get about 20 people to do an airstream in a week. If I had the time, money, and 20 years younger I would like to do and old Spartan trailer.

SIU Bound

Brian
Lothlorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:57 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
now being enjoyed by Heath and Mary in , Vermont
Completely original

ianrjam:

Completely original concept! I love those crazy, curved bulkhead walls.

Thanks for sharing your contribution so that others can see were the iconic Airstream shape can be taken.

Sergei

I too am going to try to have an open ceiling, no bunkers:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f227...ase-18448.html
SmokelessJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

Extremely neat!!

Very original concept. Please, please post more pictures.

I never thought about not replacing the top bunkers. We might give that some thought now.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
vhord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:09 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

1978 25' Tradewind
London , England
More photos

For those of you who requested more photos, we've got lots of the various stages but very few of the current state. When we get the last finishing touches done, we'll post a little gallery.
Ian
ianrjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:48 PM   #53
Liberator

1972 Argosy 24
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Heart of Dixie , Alabama
You just know the dinner is going to exqusite in a place like this.
Looks like a eligant resturant.

1972 Argosy 24'...
1954 Feathercraft Vagabond
klattu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by klattu View Post
You just know the dinner is going to exqusite in a place like this.
Looks like a eligant resturant.

Thanks, Klattu!

I don't know what has happened to the pictures in the earlier posts #33, 34, 38 and 41 (which have to do with this picture), but I have asked Andy what's up... There are pictures in our Member's Pictures of these decors in the event the ones in this thread are gone forever....TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-19-2008, 10:24 PM   #55
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
FTI All : Just found out I can see the pictures in a Safari browser, but not in Firefox, so they are still there...it's a browser issue... Weird.
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-19-2008, 10:43 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich View Post
FTI All : Just found out I can see the pictures in a Safari browser, but not in Firefox, so they are still there...it's a browser issue... Weird.
FYI #2...I cleared the cache and the pictures re-appeared...I guess that's what the problem was...
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
Old 06-24-2008, 04:43 PM   #57
A girl and an Airstream

1993 29' Excella
dunnegan , Missouri
I'm considering getting rid of the oak laminate look and going with maybe a zebra laminate on the cabinetry and walls. Has anyone laminated over these surfaces? I think the doors will all be replaced.
missysanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:11 PM   #58
Rivet Master

2005 25' International CCD
Fleetwood , North Carolina
Send a message via Skype™ to DreamStreamr
I hate I didn't see this thread before, just found it via another one tonight. We're full-timing and couldn't imagine allowing a bunch of suits and designers dictating the interior of our house. Actually, we've changed more than the interior in functional ways like expanding the size of the battery box and burning off the coupling to replace it with an innovative no-lift coupler. See our Home Improvements page (http://dreamstreamr.com/2264.html/) or click here

Great thread, great idea to share these.

Jim N5RTG
dreamstreamr.com
DreamStreamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:12 AM   #59
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamStreamr View Post
I hate I didn't see this thread before, just found it via another one tonight. We're full-timing and couldn't imagine allowing a bunch of suits and designers dictating the interior of our house. Actually, we've changed more than the interior in functional ways like expanding the size of the battery box and burning off the coupling to replace it with an innovative no-lift coupler. See our Home Improvements page (http://dreamstreamr.com/2264.html/) or click here

Great thread, great idea to share these.
Links didn't work...but getting rid of the slash at the end got me there: Dreamstreamr Odyssey Chasing 75 Degrees

What a great bunch of improvements and ideas you have shared! Thank you! Great site and wonderful in formation...I've bookmarked your site for future reference...and a closer look. Good job!...TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI