Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
"Lookouts" AS factory blinds

Hi all -

PO had "Lookouts" blinds all around SilverToy. One of the plastic brackets busted - stress cracks all through it. Been trying to find a replacement plastic bracket in town, on the web, anywhere.... No dice.

Tried Andy's site, Airstream, blinds sites...... No one has heard of "Lookouts". Anyone know this manufacturer?? The blind I pulled off has the 'original' sticker with "Airstream" listed inside it. Manufacture date of late '91 and SilverToy is a '92 model so it looks like a factory mount.

Thinking that with the difficulty I am having that I should consider buying several of each of the parts for the inevitable breakage coming up....? Thoughts? Or should I just replace with 'new' as the situation developes??

Thanks!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1991 34' Excella
Mansfield , Texas
Post a picture. It might give us a better idea. Most of the plastic brackets were cracked on my 91 when I bought it. I just bought generic metal replacements from Walmart.
bill benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Lookouts

Silvertoy, I would call the factory at Jackson Center. Your coach is new enough that they probably have someone in parts that can come up with info on that blind if it says Airstream on it. From what I've read that new a trailer should not be hard to find replacement parts for through the factory...Ed
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:49 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
"Lookouts" follow up

Hi all -

Been running to every "blind shop" im town and finally found a guy that
brackets that were identical to the bracket I brought him, for the Lookout
blind. Finding that bracket was oddly uplifting since I had been given the cr*ppy metal bracket at every stop - including WalMart.

Blinds by Bud was what saved me. I really didn't want to put on one crummy metal bracket when all the other blind brackets in the trailer were plastic. I think I had issues with foods touching when I was kid, so that may explain some of it...?

Anyway, the "Lookout" blind is back in position with appropriate bracketing, and Lookingout on the world as it passes by her.

Wanted to come back and offer a 'It's finished' Chapter to all that read this thread. Thanks for sticking with it - now you have your results.

See Ya out there!!!!

Ciao

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:54 AM   #5
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Pics

You got some pics?

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote