Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Box Elder , South Dakota
Interior Privacy Curtains

We just bought a 27ft Globetrotter. My husband and I pick her up the first week of March, and we could not be more excited! We are going full-time, and I love everything about my new home - except those darn interior privacy curtains.

The plain curtains that hang at the "kitchen" and at the "bedroom" to give you "privacy" if you are taking a shower or whatnot. Am I the only person in the Airstream world who hates those curtains? I'm not a fan of accordion doors either, but I would even have preferred that instead of those stupid curtains.

I've complained to Airstream about this, but this is the design - for now. All thoughts welcome. I'm new to this forum, so if this is not the appropriate place to post my query, please let me know.

In advance - Thanks. RRF
rolleyes:
rfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Sanford , Arizona
I’m with you! Not sure what would be a better solution. After living/traveling in our Globetrotter for 385 days, I am used to the curtains, but still not crazy about them.
SewStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Globetrotter
Box Elder , South Dakota
Curtain Issue

My husband thinks it's a "weight" issue - however, I think they could have come up with a much better solution.
rfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Tarrytown , Georgia
We felt the same way when we first got our GT back in June but after using them for a bit I’d rather have the cloth curtains than the accordion ones. They are quiet and easy to move at night. In the 27FB the bathroom door is on a piano hinge. If we need a hard door we just block it open with some cork yoga blocks my wife has. We have small dogs and it keeps them on one side or the other.
Lamar is offline   Reply With Quote