Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2016, 09:29 AM   #61
Quarter-Timer

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Furnace Wiring

Hi Luckyducks....I used a 'nylon wire loom' to enclose the furnace wiring. I've attached a picture of the area with the roadside recliner removed. Here's a link to 'wire looms' and cable organizer [URL="http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/wireloom.php"]

We didn't remove the furnace. I covered the end cabinet with a quasi-matching brown trim that's actually two vinyl floor panels (sticky back). I secured them with wood trim. I fashioned a connection directly to the furnace outlet and attached the reclaimed furnace vent to the new vinyl panel cover. It's held up well for the past two months of full-time living and plenty of furnace operation.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roadside.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	257018   Click image for larger version

Name:	Furnace wiring and vent.JPG
Views:	251
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	257019  

KellysDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #62
Quarter-Timer

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Reclaimed Dinette Table with DropLeafs

Hi Tn Traveler,
I don't have a drawing, but have attached a few photos of the table flipped upside down on the floor with pictures of the dropleafs retracted and extended. I used a piano hinge (12") for both leafs and I'm not a wood working guy so didn't know quite how to fashion a sturdy brace for when the leafs are up. This is my second iteration of a solution and it's held up for the past month and seems to be sturdy and good for dinner time and computer table ops. The braces fit between the tabletop braces (3/4" brace and gap). The braces rotate in/out and pivot around a lag bolt. I'm guessing there's a better solution than a lag bolt and I may eventually fashion something like the last picture which is from a drop leaf table at home. Hope this helps and good luck!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Under Table extended.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	257022   Click image for larger version

Name:	under table retracted.JPG
Views:	189
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	257023  

Name:	Undertable extended front.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	257024   Click image for larger version

Name:	dropleaf option.JPG
Views:	176
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	257025  

Old 02-08-2016, 11:45 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellysDream View Post
Hi Luckyducks....I used a 'nylon wire loom' to enclose the furnace wiring. I've attached a picture of the area with the roadside recliner removed. Here's a link to 'wire looms' and cable organizer [URL="http://www.cabletiesandmore.com/wireloom.php"]

We didn't remove the furnace. I covered the end cabinet with a quasi-matching brown trim that's actually two vinyl floor panels (sticky back). I secured them with wood trim. I fashioned a connection directly to the furnace outlet and attached the reclaimed furnace vent to the new vinyl panel cover. It's held up well for the past two months of full-time living and plenty of furnace operation.
I'm not understanding the photo of the furnace wiring. I have a 25fb and there and I haven't seen any wiring running under my street side dinette.
The furnace ducting is under the dinette. Maybe its behind the ducting and I just can't see it.

Kelvin
Old 02-08-2016, 12:08 PM   #64
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyducks View Post
After four years with the Benchmaster recliner, my better half wanted more floor room in the living area. The main culprit was the free standing recliner ottoman. So we made a change in recliners and bought the Lambright recliner with integrated leg support. So far, so good. The chair is four inches narrower and is a wall hugger so it can be placed within two inches of the wall. We also had the chair covered with the same ultraleather fabric that the sofa was done in. Here's a pic:
Russ, do you find you need to reposition your new Lambright when you have to eat so you can get closer to the table or do you leave it in one place and swivel it around and lean over a little?

What would you think would be the minimum distance from the door frame to the table edge for the Lambright to fit allowing it to swivel around to the position in your photo. Looking at the photo the angle of the recliner is about how I'd want it to face the TV. It looks like a wider table could be accommodated.

How far do you think the Lambright is away from the curtains in the photo.

Could you try to take a photo from the entrance door into the Airstream showing how much space the recliner takes up.

Also, can you take a photo of the footrest deployed as if you are watching TV?

You post in November stating your were getting this recliner. How long did it take to receive it after the order was placed?

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Old 02-08-2016, 01:48 PM   #65
Quarter-Timer

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Boise , Idaho
Furnace Wiring Behind Roadside Dinette Ducting

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJRitchie View Post
I'm not understanding the photo of the furnace wiring. I have a 25fb and there and I haven't seen any wiring running under my street side dinette.
The furnace ducting is under the dinette. Maybe its behind the ducting and I just can't see it.

Kelvin
Kelvin - you're correct. The wiring isn't easily visible until you get the roadside dinette assembly removed; the wiring is running along the roadside wall from the aft end to the furnace area (as depicted in the original post photo).
Old 02-08-2016, 03:45 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Panama City Beach , Florida
Quote:
Russ, do you find you need to reposition your new Lambright when you have to eat so you can get closer to the table or do you leave it in one place and swivel it around and lean over a little?

What would you think would be the minimum distance from the door frame to the table edge for the Lambright to fit allowing it to swivel around to the position in your photo. Looking at the photo the angle of the recliner is about how I'd want it to face the TV. It looks like a wider table could be accommodated.

Could you try to take a photo from the entrance door into the Airstream showing how much space the recliner takes up.

You post in November stating your were getting this recliner. How long did it take to receive it after the order was placed?

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Kelvin, give me a day to two to respond. The trailer is at a storage place. Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Luckyducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 04:04 PM   #67
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Thanks Russ, I appreciate your help.

Kelvin
Old 02-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
Russ, I've followed your thread here & got inspired by your renovations. I have a 25ft read BD & it seems like this could be done in mine just reversed. In fact easier as my furnace would not be effected, am I correct in that thinking? Thanks.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #69
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjkq View Post
Russ, I've followed your thread here & got inspired by your renovations. I have a 25ft read BD & it seems like this could be done in mine just reversed. In fact easier as my furnace would not be effected, am I correct in that thinking? Thanks.
Joe,

You can change your layout to one or two recliners. Dkottum did a modification for two recliners. Here's the link for what he did: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...ter-94598.html

Or you could do the reverse of mine with just one recliner. Here's a link to what Hoonanea did: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f508...te-106272.html

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-09-2016, 12:29 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Lucky ducks has a very classy looking conversion. We put in a factory table similar to theirs on the side, but I believe their folding table between recliners that can swivel is a better solution for dining. Just more convenient.

We replaced the small drop-down leaf on our center console (see Avatar) with a 24" x 28" drop leaf as a prototype and it works so well we left it in place. Like Russ (Luckyducks) we leave the center table drop leaf up whenever in camp, it's handy. We use the side folding extension table for projects and crafts, it's also handy and folds out of the way when not in use.

A note on the most recent 25 Rear Bed models. Our 2012 RB 25 had the converter/charger mounted right next to the fridge, so we simply built a storage cabinet over it. (We also thought about building a one-person dinette style seat over it, facing the side table.) On later models they have moved the converter/charger forward. It may be moveable, some wiring running to it that would have to be moved or possibly extended.

Lots of fun customizing these models for owner preferences, and lots of very nicely done Airstreams.

The Truth is More Important Than the Facts
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:54 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Quote:

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Russ, can you take a photo of the recliner facing the table as if you were to eat at the table. I'd like to see how much distance the recliner back is to the curb wall.
Thanks again.

Kelvin
Old 02-09-2016, 05:21 PM   #72
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Kelvin, sure. Going tomorrow. Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-10-2016, 04:40 PM   #73
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:

Thanks for your help.

Kelvin
Kelvin, here's what you were looking for:

1. We leave the recliner in one position and it just swivels around, whether up to the table to eat (and leaning over) or reclining back while watching TV. I initially was going to leave the chair unattached to the floor but a trip a few weeks ago showed too much movement in the chair. I will use what Lambright Chairs told me about - the c-shaped clamps that Home Depot or Lowes sells for one inch electrical conduit (to attach conduit to walls). These clamps have a c shape that goes over the round chair base and then a flat area to screw it down to the floor. I'm thinking of two or three of these and paint them black to the match the chair base. They will not be visible unless you go down on your knees and look.

2. Minimum distance from the door frame to the edge of the table? My distance is 42". You could have a slightly wider table. Maybe a couple of inches. However, look at my pic below showing the chair, table, and sofa. The table leg is centered in the rug. A wider table would have the leg off center. Just my OCD talking. And I wouldn't make the table wider on the sofa side as it would interfere with the person enjoying laying on the sofa. Also, that side of the table is fine for eating.

3. How far is the Lambright chair from the curtains? Nearest the door, the headrest is 3". In the middle of the headrest of the chair, it is 7". At the corner of the headrest closest to the table, it is 5". Remember this chair is a wall hugger. It only needs to be 2.5" from the wall (or curtains). This advertised fact is true.

4. How long did it take to get the recliner delivered? Lambright Chairs told me 4 weeks to make it and 4 days to have it shipped. I had the chair two days early. No damage. Took 10 minutes to put the chair together. Very good.

Other comments:

One of my pics below is from the entrance door showing the recliner and the space available to enter/exit. This space is 18" wide from the chair to the edge of the fire extinguisher.

If I slightly reposition the subwoofer, I could move the chair back an inch.

Russ
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	257110   Click image for larger version

Name:	image2.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	228.3 KB
ID:	257111  

Name:	image3.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	257112   Click image for larger version

Name:	image4.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	257113  

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-11-2016, 10:01 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Thanks very much for the photos.

It appears, due to the design of your table, you have to position your chair for eating further out from the back wall than if your table was the original table that was cut down equally from both sides. The eating surface in your photo looks to start about a foot out from the back wall.

Without you going back to your trailer do you think if your chair, as positioned in the 2nd photo, was moved back closer to the rear window wall it could still be rotated to the front and be reclined or is the position of your chair in the 2nd photo where the chair needs to be irrespective of the table design?

Looks like when the chair is reclined the leg support blocks the entrance door but that is not an issue, just retract the ottoman. On our Classic 25fb where your sink peninsula sticks out we have our stove which doesn't extend out as far as the sink peninsula. Our sink is adjacent to the pantry wall.

Kelvin
Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Kelvin, the chair is where it needs to be to recline and swivel and recline. If you moved the chair back it would hit the curtains/wall when reclining. Maybe the 2nd photo I sent a couple days ago is a little bit of an optical illusion due to the angle that I took the pic in. When I eat, I just swivel the chair to the table and have plenty of table space from which to eat on. The only issue is the recliner is low and you have to lean forward to the table. That's the price I pay for a recliner. Here are a couple of other pics:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	265.3 KB
ID:	257174   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	266.0 KB
ID:	257175  

AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-12-2016, 09:08 AM   #76
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Hi Russ, Thanks for the clarification.

Since your table eating surface height is a couple of inches lower than the standard table do you find you have to lean over a bit more? Do you think eating from the recliner with the standard table height will be comfortable? I think it is a couple of inches higher.

What company did you go with. I think the prices is the same with Ultraleather whether you purchase from a dealer or the company.

How long did it take to get the recliner?

Thanks

Kelvin
Old 02-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #77
2 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
Rio Medina , Texas
Where did we find the table?
TXMYTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
My version of an improved sitting area

I have redesigned our dinner area. As I could not afford a new leather lounge chair I brought in my Kermit chair. It does not swivel so I must get up to turn it towards the TV in order to place my feet up on the ottoman. My big concern is that Claire will see me sleeping in it and want it for herself.🌞
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:57 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMYTX View Post
Where did we find the table?
Quote:
What company did you go with. I think the price is the same with Ultraleather whether you purchase from a dealer or the company.

How long did it take to get the recliner?
TXMYTX, the source of my table is detailed in post #1 of this thread. There are other ideas for tables scattered throughout the thread also.

Kelvin, I bought the chair from Lambright Chairs directly, see post #34 of this thread for contact information. The chair was delivered in the timeframe promised - about 4 weeks.

Russ
AIR#24440 WBCCI#11740
Old 02-23-2016, 02:48 PM   #80
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Hi Russ,

I've been going through the photos and measurements on this thread.

Looking at your photos of your drop down table it appears the stationary shelf against the back wall under the window would be close to the level of where a stock table is located. I've looked at several sites selling the Lambright recliner, some say the chair height is 18 1/2" and some same 20". My dinette cushions are 20" high off the floor but you do sink into the cushion when sitting. Looking at your photos above it appears the Lambright is a little lower than the street side dinette seat cushion.

My question is if you didn't have your folding table but your stock table do you think that height would be too high to eat from the Lambright recliner comfortably? Maybe you don't sink into the recliner as much as you do the Airstream cushions on the street side so it evens out.

I'll have to go back to my Airstream in storage and with the seat cushions removed put a cushion down to simulate the height of a Lambright recliner.

Kelvin