Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2002, 09:24 PM   #1
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Fitted sheets

Not a restoration question since my trailer is brand new, but does anyone make fitted sheets for the 52" bed with two diagonal rounded corners? Even the very nice bedspread that came with the trailer droops sadly over one of the rounded corners.

I'm currently using regular full-size fitted sheets that are 2" too wide as the best I could find locally.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 09:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
You might try Camping World. I think they have smaller sheets for RV bed sizes. Although I doubt the rounded corner issue would be resolved.

Good Luck...if you come up with a better solution, share it with a post!

Shari
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 10:01 PM   #3
Contributing Member

Unhappy Thanks, but no joy

I stopped at CW today. The local store doesn't stock full size sheets, unfortunately. They do have a 53"x75" in their catalog, but with conventional square corners.

On the way home, I stopped at the outlet mall and bought a set of 54" Cannon sheets for under $20. That's about half of what CW would have wanted. Not the best fit, but the price was right.

I would still like to have real fitted sheets for this strange mattress, though. Seems like a business opportunity for someone.
WBCCI #9632
Old 06-03-2002, 07:42 AM   #4
Finally Retired

, Washington
Knit

We have the 310 MH and made the bed in back one big bed larger than a King size a little. We found that the tee shirt knit work great as the have plenty of stretch. Wonder if a twin size knit would fit your configuration?
Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:17 AM   #5
Contributing Member

Thanks

It might be worth a try, but the stretch needed would be 14". That's quite a bit to ask.

However, if I could find 3/4 size knits at 49" wide that might be just about perfect. Only 3" of stretch would be needed. That seems well within reason.

Thanks for the idea. I'll just keep looking with your idea in mind.
WBCCI #9632
Old 06-03-2002, 08:22 AM   #6
Finally Retired

, Washington
They have huge deep pockets even on the bed with a normal size king they fit way under the matteress. The brand is important also we got some at Sears and they pill up. Got the MH and new house sheets at the Bon in Seattle and they are like sleeping on silk. No pills and wash like a dream
Finally Retired
LKappenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 08:28 AM   #7
Contributing Member

Sounds good

Thanks, I'll give it a try with twins, then, if I can't find the 3/4 size. I'll go looking this week before our 3-day weekend at the Kerrville Folk Music Festival and post what I come up with.
WBCCI #9632
Old 06-23-2002, 10:32 AM   #8
Contributing Member

Follow up

I never did post a follow-up on this thread, so here goes.

I put on a waterproof mattress protector in case we ever leave a vent or window open. The full-size protector was pretty floppy, so I turned the mattress over and carefully duct-taped the surplus flat. At the curved corners, I carefully pleated the material and taped it. The result turned out just fine.

The full-size fitted bottom and flat top sheet doesn't work out bad at all. I expect that after the first washing, the fitted bottom will fit just fine.

The mattress is terribly hard and I want to put a pillow-top on it. Sams was out of the full-size pillow-tops, so I haven't done that yet. Because of the bulk of the pillow-top, I will curve the corners of it to match the mattress corners and bind the edges on the sewing machine. The extra bulk of the pillow-top should take up any remaining slack in the fitted bottom sheet.

My initial worry about the curved mattress corners certainly turned out to be unfounded.
WBCCI #9632
Old 06-23-2002, 08:45 PM   #9
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
Another option is to buy a set or two of heavy duty sheet straps. That way you can pull the sheets tight after you make the bed. We also have used them to keep the top flat sheet on the bed for years.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 10:41 AM   #10
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Let me clarify...

We haven't had the SAME flat sheet on the bed for years. Years ago we started using sheet straps to hold the bottom corners of the flat sheet in place. We are both very active when we sleep, and the sheet straps are the only way we can keep a flat sheet tucked in through an entire night.

We have also used the sheet straps to make a slightly loose fitted sheet fit snugly on the unusually shaped RV mattresses.

We had an antique bed that required a special mattress size. It was the length of a queen, but the width of a full. The sheet straps on the fitted sheet totally eliminated the hunt for specially sized sheets. We were then able to purchase high quality (read: no pills) queen sized sheets, and adjust them to fit snugly with the straps.
Old 06-24-2002, 02:22 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Fitted sheets

Try-----www.quality-time.com.
Ira Iburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2002, 11:32 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to ArlineB
Smile

The best sheets I have found for any trailer or motorhome is Jersey Sheets or T-Sheets They have them in twin-full- queen-King. They are like a tee shirt . They have some great colors and designs. They fit my motorhome full size just great. I have a cut off corner on mattress and reg sheets just come loose. I also use them in my 31ft Airstream for my twin beds . So these work great. Go to ebay and put in both JS and T-S and you will find them. They also have them in flannel jesery. Hope this helps you ......
ArlineB is offline   Reply With Quote