Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Minnetonka , Minnesota
can you swap shades for blinds in international?

im looking at going to an international. the only hang up i have is i love the blinds in the flying cloud better. Wondering if the same screw holes and such can work? Or is there more to it than that? And since im talking new, can it almost be factory issue that dealer installs? Im not keen on doing own mods to a new trailer. Anyone else done this?
Randjg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 28' International CCD
New York , New York
Friend of mine replaced all of his ugly white shades with some pretty trick aluminum blinds. I think he said he spent like $400 for the entire trailer's worth?

Not sure if he reused the holes or had to drill, but whatever he did he did it himself and it only took him a few hours. He bought the blinds at home depot.
dre00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia

We did this on our Ocean Breeze. It was supposed to be done at the factory but wasn't, so Bates did it for us before we picked the trailer up. They put something in the holes where the shades had been attached - I'll have my husband respond - he can tell you more about it. It looks great and we're happier with the look and functionality.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2008 27' International CCD FB
Minnetonka , Minnesota
blinds

ok cool, yes, let me know. I mentioned to my dealer, well...the sales guy and he didnt seem to know. I bet I could have the dealer call the factory and order up the right stuff and install before i take delivery? they are prepping for the next week or so. Send some pics if you can. Thanks! How long you had it this way?
Randjg1 is offline   Reply With Quote