Old 06-21-2019, 06:56 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
South Burlington , Vermont
Buying Parts online for 2011 Sport

We have a 2011 Sport 22FB

We've had some issues with the mini-blinds but for now, rather than replace them all with a different approach (lots of threads on this) I am hoping just to repair the one that is currently broken.

I believe all I need is this $8 part. 703191-101

You can see it here from Vintage Trailer Supply.
https://airstreamsupply.com/upper-mo...-hand-set-of-2

However, and this is probably worthy of a whole separate post, they not only have a bad reputation with Airstreamers but their website isn't even working right now. So I can't order it. I will try my local RV dealer, but I'm not super optimistic about them either. I've done a bunch of google searches but can't find anyone else selling them. Is there a secret AS parts supplier online that I don't know about? I guess I would think that this type of thing, or anything else I may need for a relatively recent model year, would be generally available from someone. Thanks for any help!

Tom

TomPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 07:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Out of Doors Mart, is the first place I look for parts. I would avoid Airstream Supply.

https://www.odmrv.com/

Damon

damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:32 AM   #3
Vintage Trailer Supply
Commercial Member

1956 22' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Montpelier , Vermont
Hey Tom...
I think you didnt mean to mention our company as having a bad reputation. Your link was to a different company. 😬 We have been part of this community for nearly 20 years and try to be the good guys. Let me know if you have any helpful feedback for us.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiper View Post
We have a 2011 Sport 22FB

You can see it here from Vintage Trailer Supply.
https://airstreamsupply.com/upper-mo...-hand-set-of-2
VintageRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:55 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Those look like pretty generic mini blind brackets. I'd bring one to your local hardware store and see if they fit.

And yeah, Vintage Trailer Supply has always been great to do business with. Certainly not one to confuse with "airstream supply"/"silver trailer supply."
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1970 31' Sovereign
Fort Smith , Arkansas
I was going to say surely NOT Vintage Trailer Supply.

We have this fabulous company on speed dial and just ordered a bunch of stuff again yesterday.

I would recommend them 1000 percent. Fast and helpful every time.

We are restoring a 1970 Land Yacht. Every single rivet has been replaced using Vintage Trailer Supply and so much more.

We lifted the top off and sandblasted the chassis.

Bought many items putting this baby back together using toothbrush to clean every inch.

Goal is to have done by May 2020 for 50 year Anniversary when she rolled off the floor in 1970.

We could of never done it Right without Vintage Trailer Supply I do not believe.
OliviaandSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:40 AM   #6
WBCCI # 23456

2000 30' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Odmrv

Quote:
Originally Posted by damonbeals View Post
Out of Doors Mart, is the first place I look for parts. I would avoid Airstream Supply.

https://www.odmrv.com/

Damon
100% what Damon said. I've had great experiences dealing with these folks. If you're not sure, call them. Their parts man is very helpful and knowledgeable.
jimfa440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:47 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
South Burlington , Vermont
Yes, sincere apology to Vintage Trailer Supply! I did in fact mean to say Silver Trailer Supply in reference to some issues with the web site and a few bad reviews. I've not heard or seen anything negative about Vintage. Although, I think maybe they focus on model years earlier than my 2011? Or am I wrong there too?
TomPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:09 AM   #8

1987 34' Excella
San Benito , Texas
My only experience with Silver Trailer Supply is that in the Fall of 2017 I ordered a part on line that I could find no place else--about $50 with shipping. No problem. I April tried to order another part that I could find no place else--with shipping, $99. Web site would not accept payment by credit card. I called and was told that the problem would be fixed in about a week. It was not. So I called again. Paid with a personal check. Received parts promptly. If it matters the parts were shipped by a supplier. So if you can not find the part anywhere else--consider giving them a call.
budair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 04:39 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
VTS / Vintage Trailer Supply is Uber FANTASTIC!!!!

Silver Trailer Supply, or Utah Trailer Supply or Salt Lake Trailer supplies or Airstream Supplies of Utah or whatever they want to call themselves currently is hit or miss at best and that's on a good day.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote