Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2018, 06:04 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
2018 23' Flying Cloud
Lincoln , CA
Bulkhead Molding

I searched the forum and did not find a thread on bulkhead molding. I have a 2018 23CB flying cloud. The plastic bulkhead molding is working its way down. One of them has slid down several inches leaving the excess hanging out. See attached picture (sorry if it posted sideways).

Anyone else have this problem? Is there an easy way to slide it back up into place? Perhaps hold it in place with staple or finish nail?

I tried to slide it back up into place - but it will not budge.

I have appointment to get this fixed at dealership under warranty. Just curious if others have this issue, and if so, how did you fix?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Smlq%X9UQiud28LBTFLcag.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	329071  
CoastieJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:03 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 24
Monroe , Michigan
I see that nobody responded to your molding question. I really don't have an answer for you just another question? Is the molding you have pictured moldable? Does it stay on with rivets? I'm looking for some pliable molding that I can insert into the rounded area to cover the crack. I need something that I can rivet to the aluminum wall as well as the wooden wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1826.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	332698  
~1975 Trillium 13'
...to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ
Katty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Hendersonville , North Carolina
Bulkhead mouldings/trim

We had the same thing happen in our 2017 Int. Serenity on the bulkhead at the foot end of the bad. We had it fixed at Jackson Center along with a couple of other minor items. So far, so good. It has been over a year and approx. 10k miles ago. Our warranty is up the end of May, 2019 so we have an appointment for end of April.
uraljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:42 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2013 19' Flying Cloud
2018 23' Flying Cloud
Lincoln , CA
Katty, Thanks for the reply. This is a plastic molding that covers the cut end of the bulkhead. It is very pliable. However it did not appear the factory used anything (such as adhesive or staple) to hold it in place. Subsequently the molding at each bulkhead started to slip down not long after we took delivery. One of the moldings near the foot end of the bed slid down far enough to make a loop out of the excess as shown in the photo I posted. I had the dealer put the moldings back in place under warranty. They used an adhesive, so I do not expect to see the issue again.

Uraljohn, thanks for your reply as well. I suspected others may have had this same issue. I am still not sure if the factory missed adding something to hold the molding in place at time of manufacture. Not a big deal, and an easy fix under warranty. We previously owned a 2013 Airstream that did not have this issue.
CoastieJohn is offline   Reply With Quote