Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
Bedroll

We have the corner bed configuration in our 2005, 25' CCD. I find the bed nearly impossible to make. Definitely not something I want to do everyday. So I am looking for plans for making a bedroll. Something that can be rolled up toward the pillows. I am thinking about something two sided, where one side is thin for summer and the other is thicker for cold weather. And of course it has to look good.

Any thoughts.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2009 27' FB International
LA LA Land... , California
No thoughts on the bedroll, but when we had our 19' Bambi, the only way we could make the bed properly was to take out the mattress, then put on the bedding. It wasn't as difficult as it sounds, but still a PITA.
Mike91208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Travasak has gone out of business, but there is this alternative:

RVSuperbag.com

Failing that, what about a double sleeping bag?
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:55 AM   #4
Shiny Drag-on

Currently Looking...
Drag-on , California
I have been trying to solve the same bedding issue. I planning on purchasing a thick foam mattress pad. I will put my fitted sheet on the mattress pad and try making my bed up in that way. Hopefully that will work.
Shiny Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' International CCD
Lilburn , Georgia
Thanks for the RV Superbag info. I may call them to ask about custom as they don't have a 'double' size just single, queen and king. Also rather boring colors for a CCD.
BeachHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
tonkawa , Oklahoma
I have the twin corner beds. In winter I take the twin size comforter, fold in half end to end, and just lay on top of the bed. It hangs over the edge just enough to hide the mattress. In the summer I just have nice colored sheets with a light blanket folded at the foot. Total bedding: 4 fitted sheets, 4 pillowcases, 2 comforters, 2 light blankets (these are used with comforters when really cold.)
$hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Gig Harbor , Washington
Look at some posts from ZLee. She's the expert.

Dan
Old 06-12-2012, 03:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
You can also take two flat sheets, of whatever size appropriate, and have them sewn together across the bottom. This, with a lightweight mattress pad, is our bedroll.

Given that our bed is made from two benches laid down at night, there is nowhere to "tuck" anything. This keeps everything together in the night, adding a blankie or not as the weather dictates.

Inexpensive, easily washed.

Maggie
Old 06-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Norman , Oklahoma
For years we have used the duvet/couette cover method for all of our beds. It started when we lived in Europe and had bunk beds. The beauty of the system was that the top sheet is also the cover for the comforter. We soon discovered how easy it was to make any bed...bunks, twins, beds against a wall, etc. We even used it on a day bed and during the day rolled it to the back side and then placed the pillows up against it, rather than buying the bolster set for the bed. We use it still in our AS and leave it folded down during the day to allow the mattress to air out and dry from any moisture that may have accumulated. Pick a sheet set you really like and decorate around it! During the summer months we often store the comforter and just use the double layer of the cover for our lightweight blanket.
twinkie2 is offline   Reply With Quote