Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2022, 05:16 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Huntersville , North Carolina
Airstream walls - help!

Hi we just purchased a 2005 classic and the previous owner had removed the mouse fur walls in the living area but left them in the bedroom. I am wondering what to do with these bare walls. They are letting the cold in and I know the heat will be bad too. I’d like some extra insulation because of this. I’d love to put wallpaper up but not sure how to do that as the walls are not smooth and again I’d like some extra insulation. See pic. Thanks for help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	62D2FBE3-DBEF-48F2-B07B-DE78DA0C379F.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	410075  
bentonmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 07:51 PM   #2
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
I once had a girlfriend whose mother covered a VW bug in faux leopard fur fabric which held up nicely in AZ. I would imagine any fabric would attach well with spray adhesive. Also remember those shag fur van interiors of the 70's!

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1969 18' Caravel
Greenville , whereEverIroam
Ok, so the good news is you have all kinds of options, including many that will make it better than new.

Much depends on your budget and time and willingness to tackle a DIY project.

You actually could wallpaper, but it would involve numerous pie cuts to round the corners, and wall-paper may not be the best choice inside an AS travel trailer due to all the moisture and condensation exposure that is so common in a camping application.

Other options include:
  • some durable short nap carpeting (like the kind used in entry-ways) that you could glue on that would offer some thermal insulation
  • Wood paneling cut into strips -- search the forums here for those who have remodeled the entire end-cap with wood.
  • Painting with a good interior paint or Zolatone, a textured acrylic coating AS used extensively in the 60's that offer just the tiniest bit more insulation than paint.
  • Sonex acoustic foam panels available in a variety of colors and patterns.
  • Bumper stickers you collect from your travels,
  • Leather, Pleather, or hides
  • Automotive headliner fabric
  • Upholstery or other fabric, installed with a foam underlayment for even more padding and insulation.
  • Formica
  • Reflectix

There are countless other options, no doubt. Have some fun with it and make it your own.
skyguyscott is offline   Reply With Quote