Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2020, 10:20 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Water Jug to Trailer while Boondocking for $2

Buy a funnel. You may have to cut the length of the funnel as it narrows too much at the end. Cut it at an angle with the angle on the UP side, so you can slide it into the Fresh Water filler opening. The water flows much faster.

Have one or two FIVE Gallon water jugs depending if you are Off the Grid or you just needed to add some water to top it off.

If you cannot lift a five gallon jug, fill two jugs half way. I use SIX Gallon jugs and after sixty seconds... it will get lighter. Trust me, it does.

The jug will be empty in less than three minutes.

Yes two six or five gallon water containers take up space. Remember this. Once they are empty they weigh less than a pound. Toss them anywhere.

Cost... less than $2 for a funnel. You already have a water jug.

If you are at a Service Station, like Maverick... they often have Fresh Water, Air and a Dump Station. We travel and refuel at Maverick's. Best prices and have all kinds of PERKS.

If you need an electric pump... do you have an electric jack, electric lug nut remover and a volunteer to take your FLAT TIRE OFF and climb around and remove the spare? You may need to lose fifty... not bucks. You know what I mean.

My wife can handle four gallons. My mother easily could handle three gallons. I can handle six gallons as I want to impress the ladies... even if it is killing me, I smile.

At Maverick, take your water hose, attach to water pump. Insert one end of the hose into the Fresh Water opening and let it rip... No sweat.

Keep It Simple. For those who are OLD like myself. Once you are done... have a reward nap with the money saved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0013.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	414.5 KB
ID:	372360  
Old 07-11-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Six Gallons on a Milk Crate: Dog Water

Six gallon jug. Sitting upon a sturdy Milk Crate found at a garage sale. Put Dog Water bowl below and when low... add water. Also for adding to the Fresh Water trailer tank.

When traveling, water jug fits snug in Milk Crate.

When camped... Blue Heeler TWOplex Pet Porters.

Went Tent Camping... at National Forest 'open range' south of Ouray, Colorado

We will carry one six gallon jug full and another empty when traveling.

If we are near an Off the Grid camping area and topping off fuel in town, we will top off trailer water and fill both jugs. The second can substitute for washing up outside. The jugs travel well in the sturdy milk crates.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN5489.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	445.3 KB
ID:	372608   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0911.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	504.6 KB
ID:	372609  

Name:	DSCN0094.jpg