Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2022, 09:48 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Oak Creek , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Ware View Post
I stopped at a store on the way out of the Grand Canyon and asked the young lady if they had a church key. I had to describe it to her and they did indeed have one. Not only that, I got my diesel tax free because I was on Indian Land. I inherited the JAX opener from my brother and my dad always opened his cans on the bottom. Beer was colder when they came in a tin can.
I haven't seen a can of Falstaff since the 70's.
A family friend, Ed Palarski drank it. "Falstaff for the Falstaffers" is what he always said.
On subject :
We only boondock, we take our trash home & take any trash left at the site by others with us.
Dingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 11:37 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Researching... Land Fill Options

2.Who must pay to dispose of waste at the landfill?
Licensed businesses and city residents using a 3rd party vehicle (for example a rental or friendís truck) must pay waste disposal fees to use the landfill. All waste must be generated within City Limits.
Old 07-27-2022, 06:54 AM   #23
1 Rivet Member

2009 28' Flying Cloud
rancho murieta , California
Trash

Take your self proclaimed 1 bag of boondocking trash home with you and dump it in your own trash can
markj10821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 05:17 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
One among the BEST Maverick Stations in Utah... you find it

Free Dump Station.

Free Fresh Cold Water.

Free Trash Disposal and a Dumpster at the Dump Station. ALL pumps had trash cans for those who want to use them. If you like to haul your trash... I and they do not care.

This is also common at MOST Service Stations in the Rocky Mountain Region. Yes... weird to some... but go inside and ASK. They will know you are not a local.

Maybe ask me and I might let you haul my trash. We come from a different culture. It is called... SERVICE. We respect that and will stop when we need anything.

Use their Maverick Card, costs nothing, for 2 cent fuel discount and discounted food purchases. I get the discount on Soda Refills for less than $1 for 44 ounce Ice and some Soda.

We found no NO TRASH ALLOWED signs at any Service Station... although, we only were traveling for two weeks. Took photographs of some excellent stations... like Maverick's.

We looked for the signs... for the Special People who like to keep their trash a secret to others?.

Need A PhD IQ?...

Piled Higher Doctorate... not needed. Common Sense is hard to find if you are looking for any. No University teaches it. You either have it... or don't.

I also imagine you will not use THEIR Restrooms... as 'other kinds of people' may have used it? Use the one in your Airstream. It is for YOU, and you only. Take it home. Maybe good for something.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:52 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
I am Sorry... I missed one more Maverick...perk

In my haste I missed one additional Maverick 'service to their customers'. All of these wonderful benefits... at just one of many Maverick Stations.

Free HIGH Air PRESSURE hoses at the RV and Commercial Trailer pumps. Real Air, as well. Containing mostly Nitrogen and probably very little water vapor. (I used my nice personal High Pressure Gauge to check the pressure in my tires. These did not have a pressure setting... you actually had to do some of the 'free', like a normal Neanderthal does every minute of the day. Just to eat... cooked food.

The hose would roll up on a spool next to the two outside pumps. Maybe 50 feet of hose that you manually would pull what length was needed... and locked until you gave it a yank, and held the hose so it... gently... would rewind onto the spool.

The one I used had jammed by a previous user. I had my step stool in the back of the tow vehicle and fixed it... as MY free service.

I took photographs... but I have maxed out my Airforums Attachments... and regret that none can be posted.
Old 09-04-2022, 07:10 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genebuilder View Post
What the previous post is trying to say can be summed up thusly.. Pack it in, pack it out.
Donít worry. A squirrel will eat it.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:13 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2017 16' Sport
N/A , N/A
Try crinkling up one of those cans to impress your girlfriend.
Silvr_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 09:51 AM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1990 29' Excella
Carrollton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvr_Bullet View Post
Try crinkling up one of those cans to impress your girlfriend.
Steel, 3 piece cans with a soldered seem. When cans were cans and men were men.
SHaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
IS Evidence Recovered and Returned to Poopers?

Archaeologists have NEVER explained how the Pueblo Indians in the Southwest could live in a neighborhood, without running water plumbing or flushing toilets.

For hundreds of years these were happy communities. What changed? Fast food? Now deserted, as everyone left for the Rio Grande River for fresh water?

Was living 'upstairs' a better choice than on the first floor? Maybe the ceiling squeaked and adobe dust would fall onto the lower rooms, but no complaining.

Today, experts cannot understand how modern Human Beans can survive a year or a month in a City without electricity, running water, flushing toilets and fast food restaurants that cannot find employees. I am not an expert, so do not need to wonder.

Modern Human Bean Nature Lover's leaving Poop along a trail into the scenic mountains? How can that be? Often they are under fed and under nourished, from all appearances. I read articles about seeing the beauty at elevation.

Peddling a bicycle must be a challenge, when nature knocks.... Hmmm.

Would ten feet of snow clear the chalk board, to be polite, in the Spring? Everything is renewed. Flowers love the attention and extra calories.

I have often wondered... more or less... if expensive restaurant menus produce better or worse poop. What to do with back country metallic or plastic food packets? I do understand what too much fruit can do to your digestive system at home, or hiking. Not for those at Elevations above 9,000 feet.

If you enjoy nature, do as the birds, bees and Angus do at your campsite. Take turns helping the grass grow and the wind blow.

Build your own mini Septic System for convenience for all to use.

Buy a Propane Poop Roaster...? although California has BANNED single use Propane cans after 2028. Were these problematic at Yosemite National Park? The cans or the poop? Find this on Camper Report. My wife gets all kinds of odd stuff to read sent to her.

Have you any idea what your local Sewage Plant does with the water and solids sorting? I knew a guy who assembled these large industrial rotating Poop Cookers to make soil.

Goes in as Poop, comes out as Fertilizer. This was East of Kansas City, Missouri in the mid 1970's. Look... I only report the news... not make this stuff up. Have any ideas for a Potato Garden? We may have found you a solution to everything. Potato or the Potatoes discussion comes full circle after the 20th Century Dan Quayle big news.

Oh... the Honey Wagons of Germany, pulled by two to four horses in the early 1960's. I know where they dumped them in Landstuhl, Germany. They backed the Honey Wagon under the second floor 'john', and on the weekend spread it around their Fields for Spring Planting.

Yep... seen it. Stepped into it and learned a lesson. My brother and I were looking for Swords... and found Poop.
Old 10-01-2022, 10:34 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Haul Trash and Poop Home... common sense to some?

Ah yes... another two weeks traveling and creating Trash and Poop, as well.

Those who DEMAND everyone haul their trash home, rather than using their trash trash cans or dumpster... great... do it. We all thank you. We will continue to use these 'perks' using major Service Stations provided to their customers.

Some smaller independent Service Stations Do Not have Trash Drops. Not one of their Perks. They do offer Restrooms and common items for sale for travelers within.

I understand... I am a Neanderthal with Common Sense.

I took photographs of dumpsters and large 50 gallon barrel trash cans on this trip. Ohhhhh Weeeee.... they are so cute. Plastic bags of various brands and colors stuffed with mostly paper.

The trash bag industry is making a... killing.

Those who believe this is the correct thing for Trash is to Haul it Home... great.

Haul your Poop and Pee in your trailer to your home. Water and sewer costs are higher than trash hauling. Never had a trash bag clog up a trash can. If a trash bag gets... clogged... shove it down with your hand.

If the toilet gets plugged... get help. Also... drink more water.

You have a Black and Gray Tank. Do not use the Service Station restrooms. They are provided, but you may be concerned of their proper use and water waste. Use your Travel Trailer that is provided with a toilet, running water and toilet paper.

Wash your hands in your trailer's sink. Germs... you know are everywhere people gather. Like public restrooms. Ohhhhh... icky.

After two weeks Boondocking Off the Grid... No Trash. No Poop. No Pee being hauled cross country. We returned healthy and smell a bit off... but keeps the flies off us and the Blue Heelers. They stink, as well. We picked up an 8 week old Blue Heeler Pup in Colorado, this trip. Real handful of energy, I say.

We even asked if we could access the Service Station's fresh water after filling up our fuel. The clerk gave us the 'key' to top off our fresh water tank.

If we felt it necessary, 80% of TRASH are paper items. Could be burned in a camp fire ring, but we chose not to for obvious reasons... fires out of control are a small but serious risk.

We use the facilities at the Service Station. We purchase fuel and other goods within, if and when needed.

I also use their soap dispenser and sometimes their paper towels.

Anyone upset about any of these behaviors? Or am I being... obnoxious?