Old 05-24-2020, 12:20 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Fort Saunders , Wyoming
PetStep for Dog and Family

Our 16 year old Blue Heeler had injured both ACL's in his rear knees. This ramp made it possible for Dingo to get into the trailer.

It is called Petstep. Great for Boondocking and with our 3 inch LIFT Kit... the steps are higher than a standard Airstream.

I also use it for both of our Blue Heelers to exit and access their Pet Porters on the rear seat of our F350 4x4.

The F350 is high and both Heelers will run up the ramp into their porter. Dingo we help as his rear legs are weakened, and at 16 years old... we also use the same ramp to enter the trailer when camped.

Heelers enter or exit with ease. We could use the steps, but having the ramp is good for all. When using the ramp, I put a small stool near the center of the ramp to reinforce it with our weight.

Nancy says she purchased it online for around $80. It folds down to 36 inches (72 inches unfolded) and 17 inches wide.

This lets us work with Dingo in his decline in health. He comes along on ALL Boondocking trips and this RAMP makes it all possible. Blue, our nine year old Blue Heeler will stand next to the back truck door when open and I give her a boost into her pet porter on the back seat.

I include a photograph of how we set it all up. You will see the small step stool sitting under it. It is stout and solid. The Costco portable solar panel is an addition to the Airstream two solar panels on the roof. NO generator for us!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0228.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	411.6 KB
ID:	368624  

Old 05-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Chelsea , Maine
That looks exactly like the one I bought from WeatherTech, the floor mat company. Our three Yellow Labs are happy to use it, even though two of them could still make the jump into the truck. The eleven year old has a hard time jumping any more, but the ramp is no problem for her.
JMynes is offline   Reply With Quote