Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2019, 09:22 AM   #1
TetonStreamer

2021 27' Flying Cloud
Delaplane , Virginia
Outdoor Shower Rig

We boondock whenever we can and living in Wyoming it is more often than not. We believe there is nothing as invigorating as an outdoor shower. Has anyone discovered, assembled or created an outdoor shower rig that works with the AS outdoor shower head? A small tented assembly wherein you can mount the outdoor shower? I have searched for small shower tents (they are on the market) but I am curious if anyone has put together a system that works. I am also wrestling with the pressure in my outdoor shower unit (yes I have the handle flow valve full open) and have been tracking the thread on that topic.
Old 09-16-2019, 12:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
WalMart Shower Tent... cheap and neat...

Wilson, Wyoming. Beautiful country... until the snow flies.

DuBois, Wyoming we use this Showering Tent from WalMart, first time in 2008. You run the outdoor shower into the tent. Use the on and off on the shower head. I do dislike the shower heads that are made to 'leak' to 'reduce pressure'. ??? What?.... just crap.

This works great. I put a thick 3 foot by 3 foot work rubber garage mat underneath that has the holes to let the water drain. Cannot remember all the details as it was a few years ago.

Sometimes we 'Shower in the Buff'. The last time Nancy did the SiB, we were in the hills above the Trilobite Diggings in Millard County, Utah. No one in sight. As she is soaping up... across the canyon an ATV slows down... looks... and kept going. Nancy may have been disappointed... but she finished, dried off in the 5% humidity and just another... adventure.

I hate to admit it... but I get more attention jumping Buff into the Yellowstone River in Montana. Not by people, but trout. Sometimes they are biting.

Most people are worried that if you are SiBing... you are such a wonder of Mother Nature people will come and want to visit. Talk about the weather and ask directions. Well... probably not the case. But you can... hope.

A couple of lawn chairs in the Missouri River of Montana are great. With swimming trunks. The Blue Heelers join in and make a big splash, themselves. No SiB as these trout make the Yellowstone trout look like dwarf gold fish.

A couple photos of our setup. You can also just jump into the Snake River near you for a total head to toe dunk... or into the Greys River and flop around to attract Bear. Either way works for us.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0229.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	423.5 KB
ID:	352263   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0247.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	428.5 KB
ID:	352264  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0248.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	426.7 KB
ID:	352265  
Old 10-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #3
Len and Jeanne

2005 16' International CCD
2015 19' Flying Cloud
Creston Valley , British Columbia
In using the outdoor shower on your AS, sometimes you can get creative with your parking-- like not having any neighbours or passing vehicles who can see the shower side, and positioning the detached tow vehicle to block another side. Opening the TV doors may provide additional blockage. With a tree a handy distance away, you may be able to rig up a sheet or small tarp for the 4th side.

Or just try to camp with no neighbours or view from the road. Very early morning offers more privacy. So does having a handy large bath sheet size towel for quick coverage. Or wear a bathing suit to wash most of you, thus minimizing the time you spend au naturel and are exposed to view while washing the other parts.

Thus eliminating the need for a wet shower tent to be air dried.
Len n Jeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2013 28' International
Bozeman , Montana
I would love to have a better shower head then the low pressure, high volume crabby one that comes from Airstream. It wastes a lot of water and without being great for actually showering. The main problem I see with looking at other shower head options is having them fit in the plastic compartment.

As far as a shower tent, if people don't want to see me shower, easy, don't look.
HeadWest is offline   Reply With Quote