Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
Danville , Ohio
Need Low Cost Parking On Northern AZ Acreage!

hi, my girlfriend kris and I are renovating our 63 airstream overlander and are looking for other airstreamers that have acreage in the flagstaff, sedona, prescott, williams, verde valley area, we'd like to spend summer/fall there, are willing to pay, our airstream will be all solar, we'll have a composting toilet, so no black water, our grey water will be trucked out, and we'll truck in our own water, we'll be low, low impact and quiet, just want to live in beautiful az for a little while, i have parents in flagstaff but their driveway is uphill so thats a no go for us, hope to hear from someone up there, or someone who knows someone, thanks, you guys on here are great, erik
Old 04-04-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I don't know the area, except from the road. But there has to be some Nat. Forest or BLM land in that area. Not sure how far out you want to be...
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 PM   #3
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The Verde Valley, Sedona and even Prescott can get very hot in the summer. Temperatures in these areas will break 100 degrees much of the summer. I would not recommend them for summer camping without air conditioning. Flagstaff and Williams are much higher and 10 degrees cooler. There is plenty of forest land in the area that you can camp on for free. Open fires in the area are not allowed most of the summer, but that is the only restriction. We have camped south of Williams near JD Dam in some very nice areas.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1963 26' Overlander
Danville , Ohio
I'm from northern arizona, our airstream will have a/c, and i'm not looking for public land, i'm looking for private individuals that have acreage or a big lot and wouldn't mind the company, willing to pay, please respond if you know of anyone who could be of help, or if you own and live on a piece of property out there, thanks everybody!