Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Spooner , Wisconsin
Navigation apps recomendation

Greetings.
I'm in Wisconsin driving to Arizona to get our Airstream, so technically speaking not an Airstream trip, but I'm looking for some experience then someone here might share, please.
There are plenty of apps: Google maps, i-maps, that will tell me it is a 28 hr trip. What I am looking for is something that lets me insert into it my ETA at the end of the trip, and the necessary rest periods that will show me where these rests will occur.
I haven't done road trips since DOS and I had a very nice program to do this. It seems like these web-based things could do the math, I just cannot seem to figure which one and how.
It occurs to me that after I have the Airstream, this might not matter so much: drive, park, sleep, repeat. But I'm traveling with my two dogs and I'm trying to locate some timely dog parks along the way, but that is another question.
Thanks,
Bill
WherryWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Pleasantville , New York
I have the same question!
And I will be traveling to Belize from NY with Four Yorkies. Really would like a simpler program than Google MyMaps.
Trying iphone apps RV Parky, Sanidumps, iOverlander, and Trucker Path.
None does what you describe which would be awesome if they did.
But they do have great features.
YorkieMama is offline   Reply With Quote