Old 12-01-2019, 06:40 PM   #21
Married with Airstream

2004 25' International CCD
Vancouver Island , British Columbia
Solar generator is a standalone doesn't connect to the batteries doesn't connect to the Airstream in any way shape or form it's a stand-alone Lithium powered portable power Bank which you can connect to run 12v or 110v items like laptop s etc. Depending on the solar generator output some even have 30 amp RV outlet s.
2013 F-150HD FX4 SuperCrew Lariart (MaxTow) "Red Dragon"
drbrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 09:29 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Scottsdale , Arizona
True, a Goal Zero type “generator” ( and I agree- that’s a misleading term) is a stand alone battery that has a built-in inverter, but it IS easily integrated into 12VDC battery / converter and solar systems of our Airstreams as I and others have done. For older Airstreams, it is an easy way to get near seamless 110V outlet power anytime w/o firing up a gas or propane powered generator. Granted, one needs to keep power consumption in mind and I t won’t run for ever like your gas powered generator if you keep adding fuel to it.

Or set it outside and plug into it just like your 20 amp Honda, Yamaha, etc. Yes, it can be bit pricey, but more reasonable when a lithium battery, inverter, heavy gage wires, etc. and integration cost are considered.
SandKSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:19 AM   #23
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I completely agree that "solar generator" is a really poor term. However, language evolves and it takes weird twists and turns as it does. If the gizmo has panels as well as battery and inverter, at least I can see the connection. Drop *any* one of the three out and not so much.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote