Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2020, 02:18 PM   #1
New Member
1973 31' Sovereign
lynn Haven , Florida
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 3
What is this called and how do I remove it?

Can someone tell me what this is called? Different name than a rib?
I'm having a hard time removing it from the airstream. Is there something I'm doing wrong other than trying to wiggle it off?

Click image for larger version

Name:	61644460288__2961A765-B38B-440C-8107-6F4349EC0033.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	333.9 KB
ID:	373659
musicman74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 08:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Aerowood's Avatar
1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,108
It's called a stringer, and why do you need to remove it.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:49 AM   #3
Rivet Master
kidjedi's Avatar
1972 25' Tradewind
1976 31' Excella 500
1974 31' Excella 500
1975 24' Argosy 24
Denver , Colorado
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,094
You won't be removing that unless you remove all the spray foam surrounding it. A stringer is usually fastened to the wall (skin) similarly to a French cleat, except on both the top *and* bottom. Sometimes a stringer is just riveted to the outer skin. Either way, it will take some serious effort to remove it, especially with all that spray foam.
25' 1972 Airstream Trade Wind Land Yacht (heavily customized)
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD (diesel)
kidjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Rivet Master
2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 17,541
Is this the same trailer as in your earlier thread?

Originally Posted by musicman74 View Post
I bought my airstream completely bare.
. . .
Echoing the comments that it will be much harder to remove now.

Good luck,
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing knob - where can I get one and what is it called? Doc Foster 2011 - 2015 International 2 05-30-2016 03:43 PM
What is this Black Water Connection called, and where can I find a cap? StevieB Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 20 02-21-2015 07:23 AM
What is the velour wall covering called in my excella and should we put it back up? mikeandnora Upholstery, Blinds, Walls & Interior Finishes 3 06-12-2012 09:04 PM
What is the "rain channel" over windows and doors actually called? Rob&Julie Windows & Screens 3 01-19-2012 08:26 PM
What is this thing called and where do I buy a new one? jimmieanna Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes 13 06-20-2011 09:46 PM

Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.