Old 01-04-2020, 11:06 PM   #21
:SPACE A" S/O 11 Air19745

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
The factory repairs sheet metal on one out of every three that comes down the assembly line with Olympic rivets. However, the sheets are computer cut to fit your serial number. They, then seal tape the edges and completely replace your damaged panel, removing the old one. I have had two sets of both rear quarter panels replaced and no leaks so far. The dealer owns the trailer when it leaves the factory. That being the case, the dent is his for you to negotiate. You could refuse the trailer and ask for a new one. Get Airstream involved they will settle it for you. I know of Airstream replacing other complete trailers.
guskmg
guskmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:09 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2020 23' Flying Cloud
1977 Argosy 28
Frankfort , Ohio
Thanks everyone for chiming in :-).
I do think this is a dealer issue and not a factory problem, I think the dealer dinged it between when we went and looked at it the first time and when we went and picked it up.

I think Im going to see what they offer as a financial settlement- Ive already got it at home and the paperwork is already signed, Ive just been waiting on them to contact me with their resolution as far as their dent guy being able to fix it or not, and what the next steps were going to be if he couldnt fix it.

Wulfraat- wow, you got an amazing deal, Id have done the same.

Just to clarify, the issue isnt so much that OMG, I have a dent! Its that I have a dent that I didnt put there, and I think it should either be fixed or more likely paid for as far as a slight reduction in price/refund.

I did send a follow up email to Airstream to see if they could give me a quick estimate without taking it up to the factory so I know if the dealer is being honest about estimated cost to repair.

Steph
StephSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 03:38 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

Livingston , Texas
We had an issue with the right front quarter panel, clear coat pealing. Our dealer replaced it under warranty and did a good job. It looks better than the original.

Be thankful were not getting all the government were paying for Will Rogers
dzwiss is offline   Reply With Quote