Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Ribs, Skins & Rivets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2018, 12:45 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Penn Yan , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olrocker View Post
But having said that, my first choice will be to take it to JC.
If you can, definitely take it to Jackson Center. You or no one will be able to tell it was repaired.
If u plan to sell your unit down the road you will b glad you had it repaired to original condition.
My 2 cents.
delrossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:26 AM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
The Villages , Florida
Boy, do I have egg on my face. I was looking at a pic I took of our 27 the day we picked it up in April 2016...the crease was there! I had just never noticed it (and I'm usually pretty picky about that sort of thing.)

So I'll live with it, since I have for 2 1/2 years.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
Olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 08:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2021 30' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
Lady Lake , Florida
Nice meeting you in our common storage facility today, Bet you did not feel so bad when we walked over to my new trailer and saw the same crease not as deep or as long but it is there,

Im headed to Jackson this April for the entrance door which is out of alignment. Im hoping they can heat it and pull it out. For the time being I have some small bumpers and will use Bob’s idea of a noodle to prevent further.

What were they thinking? Ya had to open them up you would figure they would engineer clearance to protect the panel skin.
Life is a Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:04 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' FB International
The Villages , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life is a Highway View Post
Nice meeting you in our common storage facility today, Bet you did not feel so bad when we walked over to my new trailer and saw the same crease not as deep or as long but it is there,

Im headed to Jackson this April for the entrance door which is out of alignment. Im hoping they can heat it and pull it out. For the time being I have some small bumpers and will use Bob’s idea of a noodle to prevent further.

What were they thinking? Ya had to open them up you would figure they would engineer clearance to protect the panel skin.
Same here. Yes, one would think that the company would put some kind of stop on the curved rock guards to prevent that.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
Olrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2013 20' Flying Cloud
Westerly , Rhode Island
The creases on our trailer might bother me if it was brand new or I had noticed before reading this thread. When we sell the trailer some day I'm pretty sure it will have more easily noticeable defects from enjoying it for years!
smithcreek is offline   Reply With Quote